Is this the end?

Our historical single season sets

Is this the end?

Postby ugrant » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:17 pm

As far as I can tell all 1969 leagues have been completed. While I was looking to go out with a bang and win my last two leagues Risden and Fishfoot had other ideas and better teams so that didn't happen.

So now I wait for whatever 69 version appears on Strat.com. If it doesn't, I'm still on top of the 69 overall ratings and, surprisingly, by the largest margin I've ever had over that second place guy.

For the moment, I guess, I win.

Let's bug Bernie so anyone offended by this can take me down...
ugrant

Postby Risden » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:49 am

ugrant: It seems that the 1969 Game has gone the way of the Edsel and Ryan Leaf...down and out.

If it is the end, you were a great competitor and were always helpful to me when I first started playing the 1969 season with its quirky stars and all-time great players.

I hope that this season is revived by SOM - it is my favorite single baseball season by far.
Risden

Postby GFDWARF07 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Kevin and Bob-
You guys have both been very kind and helpful and it has been great competing (if I can call it that) with you both. We had a small but loyal group and I have to believe that they will bring back the '69 game.

Send Bernie a message - it's like writing your congressman...

Be well gents and keep in touch. You both have my e-mail. I am in week 5 of spinal fusion surgery recovery (12 week schedule). So I wish I had the '69 game to entertain me. And wish we had our old group's oddball camaraderie right now.

Dan
GFDWARF07

I hope its not the end

Postby Rjnewman » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:36 pm

SOM said they are bringing 69 back....
Rjnewman

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999