Shifting Sands 1969 Theme League Sign-Up - Suspended

Our historical single season sets

Postby GFDWARF07 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:57 pm

[quote:ba7819f698="AllStarInc"]Wow...I can't remember what yesterday is let alone keep in compliance with this stuff LOL.

Can my theme be that each series my opponent must start the worst possible lineup against my team in all three games?

That way I have a legit shot at MAYBE stealing one out of three.[/quote:ba7819f698]

Bill, I am in the same boat but I signed up. It's just another way to lose to the big guys, but more fun! I have been wondering why you hadn't signed up yet. I was trying to avoid pestering you with texts, but I will if I have to.
GFDWARF07

Postby GFDWARF07 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 pm

And if you want to keep your theme simple, please do! That will reduce the headache by approximately 1/12th! Roughly the same as one baby aspirin...
GFDWARF07

Postby AllStarInc » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 pm

1. gfdwarf07 - Theme: Iron Gloves - Teams must start a "3 or 4" on defense at SS, 2B and CF. These players must stay in the starting lineup cards, even if injured (HAL decides injury replacements).

2. franky35 - Expansion draft - the first 3 rounds of the draft are limited to picks from the 4 expansion teams - KC, Expos, SD, and Pilots. Picks can't be cut.

3.Poppa Rock - Cheapo SP - Every team MUST have one $500K Starting pitcher, AND that pitcher MUST start once every five games. A team CAN NOT have more than one $500K pitcher who is eligible to start on the roster at any one time.

4.TallEd - balanced staff - each team must draft and maintain on their roster 5 RH and 5 LH pitchers (if after waivers the rotation is an odd # then a 6-5 or 5-4 split would be ok).

5. AllStarInc - No offensive player may exceed 509 AB's BEFORE THE FINAL SERIES of the regular season. PACE your players wisely and use your bench when you can!

AllStarInc

I met RJ and Gordie in Vegas!

Postby AllStarInc » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 pm

By the way, I am STILL out in Vegas for work (head home to Philly today) and had the chance to experience "Winter Meetings" and the "Hot Stove League" with RJ and Gordie!

We all met for dinner and it was really great to meet these couple of great guys (and solid owners too!). I think we talked for about 3 hours? And yes, I managed to avoid the check...YESSSSS!

Topics ranged from why I can't seem to break the 70 win mark EVER, all the way to whether or not we thought Dan was crazy being a Twins fan or not.

Just for the record we all spoke VERY HIGHLY of HAL (good karma, good karma, please let me sweep a couple times this week?, thank you!).

The three of us agreed that someday we should conduct a live Diamond Draft from a conference room in Vegas where we hopefully can get about 8 or 9 of us to be present while the rest of the teams play along on the computer.

It was lots of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing RJ and Gordie again down the road. It's an open invitation for everybody else the next time!
AllStarInc

I like it!

Postby BrotherA4him » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Good one AllStarInc.
If it would have been 409 ABs, then even more challenging!
But a bunch of folks would have had a heart attack!
Sounds like the meetings were fun!
What I would enjoy was about eight of us getting somewhere together for about 3 days and see how many games of "Strato" we could play using the board game! That would be wild!
-Austin
BrotherA4him

If Bill signs Barry Sanders...

Postby Rjnewman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:28 pm

I will put the Vegas league together.
Rjnewman

RJ is in

Postby Rjnewman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 pm

1. gfdwarf07 - Theme: Iron Gloves - Teams must start a "3 or 4" on defense at SS, 2B and CF. These players must stay in the starting lineup cards, even if injured (HAL decides injury replacements).

2. franky35 - Expansion draft - the first 3 rounds of the draft are limited to picks from the 4 expansion teams - KC, Expos, SD, and Pilots. Picks can't be cut.

3.Poppa Rock - Cheapo SP - Every team MUST have one $500K Starting pitcher, AND that pitcher MUST start once every five games. A team CAN NOT have more than one $500K pitcher who is eligible to start on the roster at any one time.

4.TallEd - balanced staff - each team must draft and maintain on their roster 5 RH and 5 LH pitchers (if after waivers the rotation is an odd # then a 6-5 or 5-4 split would be ok).

5. AllStarInc - No offensive player may exceed 509 AB's BEFORE THE FINAL SERIES of the regular season. PACE your players wisely and use your bench when you can!

6.RJnewman-your DH must always bat first in your starting lineup
Last edited by Rjnewman on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rjnewman

correction

Postby Rjnewman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Display at Top RJ is in 25 Jan 2012 20:45 Send private message Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post

6.RJnewman-your DH must always bat first in starting lineup
Last edited by Rjnewman on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rjnewman

Postby BrotherA4him » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:38 pm

That's a good one.
This is gonna be wild.
I'm gonna have a chart, a thesaurus, a calculator and some BC powder for this draft!
-Austin
BrotherA4him

Postby TallEd » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:45 am

This is getting REALLY interesting.
Making draft notes for this draft may require a whole notebook... and some Advil ... and a fifth of JD.
Going to be a lot of fun!
TallEd

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999