Shifting Sands 1969 Theme League Sign-Up - Suspended

Our historical single season sets

diamond dope problem

Postby Rjnewman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Couldn't the commissioner (or whomever) be tagged draft leader and have the next pick emailed to him so he could enter for the teamon DD and use the skip pick function to keep" draft by remaining salary order correct"?Or do you want me to just pick another theme?

Also what is penalty if someone violates a theme and subsequent picks are made?Does he just repick from point reached and put his player back in pool?This is likely to happen and people will not want to have their draft picks that were revealed subject to pick by violating squad.
Rjnewman

Re: diamond dope problem

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:28 pm

[quote:5037456dc0="Rjnewman"]Couldn't the commissioner (or whomever) be tagged draft leader and have the next pick emailed to him so he could enter for the teamon DD and use the skip pick function to keep" draft by remaining salary order correct"?Or do you want me to just pick another theme?

Also what is penalty if someone violates a theme and subsequent picks are made?Does he just repick from point reached and put his player back in pool?This is likely to happen and people will not want to have their draft picks that were revealed subject to pick by violating squad.[/quote:5037456dc0]

I am fine with that if you will be commissioner! :wink:

We will all try to police picks as we go (just to help, not to be heavies). And yes, I think your idea is good for a "penalty".
GFDWARF07

RJ For COMMISH

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Seriously, if everyone likes it we can figure out a way to make it work. Also seriously, because of my back surgery, I would appreciate if someone would step in as commissioner. It is much better for me to be trying to keep up with a team while on pain meds vs. ruling over others' fates. I nominate RJ!
GFDWARF07

Re: RJ For COMMISH

Postby BrotherA4him » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:18 am

[quote:2ddae7f964="gfdwarf07"]Seriously, if everyone likes it we can figure out a way to make it work. Also seriously, because of my back surgery, I would appreciate if someone would step in as commissioner. It is much better for me to be trying to keep up with a team while on pain meds vs. ruling over others' fates. I nominate RJ![/quote:2ddae7f964]

I second that emotion!
-AB
BrotherA4him

RJ as commish

Postby TallEd » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:57 am

I am good with that.

Idea for draft guidline. I really don't think this will be that hard. It may take a little longer to complete since we won't be able to use proxies but thats ok.

Use DD to select picks and determine who is up. If everyone is set as an administrator they can enter their pick as they make it(use skip pick option if necessary to bring your team to the up position) After the pick is entered it shows the available cap room left for each team. The Mgr. who just made the pick posts who is up next on the message board along with who they just picked. This way there would be a running record of the picks (in case of errors) and the available player list would be up to date at the time each Mgr makes their pick (avoid dup picks) and DD would provide the info as to available cap room (no math errors).Just check the message board to see who is up. This is sort of self policing but I don't see
any problem with that. RJ will make the rulings in case of disputes if there are any.

Realistically this draft will probably last 2 to 3 wks, at a 20 total picks per day avg. give or take time for surgery recuperation(Good luck with that)
TallEd

Franky is so much better at commisioner duty

Postby Rjnewman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:34 pm

I would like to be assistant commisioner and will help wherever needed. I have a day job running a hedge fund. Barely have time to go to the bathroom..
Rjnewman

Postby franky35 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:07 pm

I could be commish thru Feb, but someone would need to take over if it runs into March.
franky35

Re: RJ as commish

Postby GFDWARF07 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:11 pm

[quote:5eb02db72f="TallEd"]give or take time for surgery recuperation(Good luck with that)[/quote:5eb02db72f]

Thank you Ed!
GFDWARF07

Postby BrotherA4him » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:20 pm

I agree.
Probably going to take a month or 2 to draft this league anyway!
:-)
Going to be worth it though!
BrotherA4him

Should we post a 60-80 million league for Diamomd dope draft

Postby Rjnewman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Regular rules -draft on diamond dope. So we have something going?We can still do others overlapping if they fill out.
Rjnewman

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999