Shifting Sands 1969 Theme League Sign-Up - Suspended

Our historical single season sets

Re: correction

Postby BrotherA4him » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:39 am

[quote:9191876cbf="Rjnewman"]

6.RJnewman-From the first pick in the FOURTH round thru the entire draft until your roster is complete the drafting pick is determined by most salary left. It is possible to have two draft picks or more in a row. Ties in salary left go to the team with most roster spots yet to be filled. If still tied go by reverse original draft order of round 1. Whoever was lowest gets pick.
[/quote:9191876cbf]

So, are you saying that a person who had drafted only $500,000 players in the first three rounds could possibly make his 4th, 5th, 6th and even 7th round pick before someone else makes their 4th pick?
I like the concept, just trying to make sure I understand it.
Seems like that would pretty much rule out auto picks as well.
Gonna make it fun, just need a clarification.
-Austin
BrotherA4him

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 am

But Vegas really frowns on people bringing their own dice! :lol:

Sounds great Bill - wish I'd have been there. Sorry we missed each other in LV in December. Even if by a couple hours.

I have some back surgery coming up, so will be on the shelf for a little while. LV won't be in the mix until sometime next summer maybe (I promised my soon to be 21 year old daughter we would take her there for her BDay).

As for the surgery, I will know a specific date in February within a week (waiting for pre-approval required from ins. comapny). I will be out of touch for a few days, so will need to coordinate schedules with this draft, if filled by then, to either wait to start, or take a break when that rolls around. I will be 3-4 days in the hospital and about 8 weeks in recovery. The last seven of which are prime Strat territory! I am having a two level spinal fusion to correct (I hope) a back problem that has kept me down far too long.

So by the time the LV Summit arrives I will be in Vegas form again...

Thanks,
Dan
GFDWARF07

RJ Theme

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:10 am

Rich- I like the theme quite a bit. However, it will preclude using Diamond Dope. :? That would mean drafting by the Boards here, which would eliminate clocks, take away protection from repeating picks, etc. I have done drafts on these Boards and they are managable, but everyone has to be ready for a marathon process.

I am dusting off the abacus as I write...
GFDWARF07

Re: I met RJ and Gordie in Vegas!

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 am

[quote:98fca29869="AllStarInc"]whether or not we thought Dan was crazy being a Twins fan or not.

[/quote:98fca29869]

For the record, you would have a hard time having me committed to an institution (unless you had past draft records showing me drafting Cesar Tovar ahead of better talent again and again)......

Hmmmm......

I will start shopping for straight jackets on overstock.com....
GFDWARF07

answer

Postby Rjnewman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:54 am

are you saying that a person who had drafted only $500,000 players in the first three rounds could possibly make his 4th, 5th, 6th and even 7th round pick before someone else makes their 4th pick?
-Austin

yes
Rjnewman

Re: answer

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:22 pm

[quote:0094ff3822="Rjnewman"]are you saying that a person who had drafted only $500,000 players in the first three rounds could possibly make his 4th, 5th, 6th and even 7th round pick before someone else makes their 4th pick?
-Austin

yes[/quote:0094ff3822]

Since we would not be following a specific order I believe this would eliminate Diamond Dope as a draft option. Some may object to that...
GFDWARF07

Postby franky35 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Can we still use Diamond Dope, but turn all proxies off and somehow use the "skip pick" option to conduct the draft? That way we could still have the advantage of Diamond Dope keeping track of salaries and available players.
franky35

I hope Franky's idea will work

Postby Rjnewman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 pm

If I have to I can choose another theme. Though I do think this is an interesting one.
Rjnewman

Postby AllStarInc » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Agreed, if we can use the skip option that would be great! We would run the draft from the message boards but ultimately log it there on DD?
AllStarInc

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:49 pm

[quote:3264fa98f2="franky35"]Can we still use Diamond Dope, but turn all proxies off and somehow use the "skip pick" option to conduct the draft? That way we could still have the advantage of Diamond Dope keeping track of salaries and available players.[/quote:3264fa98f2]
This will be tricky. Honestly I.like the idea rj has but it would work better in accomplishing its intent perhaps as a stand alone theme in another league. This one will be a crap.shoot draft. I would sooner use that theme when draft order was more.vital. sorry about the punctuation. Mobile device likes em. A.lot.
GFDWARF07

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999