Shifting Sands 1969 Theme League Sign-Up - Suspended

Our historical single season sets

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:55 am

It is looking like this league will be challenging to fill. In my opinion, the theme suggested by RJ is too complex and makes this league much more challenging to adminster and the draft much tougher to keep track of. We have also had one owner suggest it makes for a non-level playing field.

To me shifting sands is most fun if we pick 12 relatively simple, or quirky themes to keep track of. It's just meant to be a fun, oddball league.

I think it is a cool idea - RJ's theme is much better suited to a theme of its own where you don't have 11 other quirky themes to stay on top of. I would sign up for it, in fact.

Not that we will fill if this is changed, this theme, like many others, may be DOA.
GFDWARF07

Postby memphisjohn » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am

For what it's worth, I can't really do a live draft because of time commitments. I would be a continual hold-up. If the 12 themes are relatively simple, then an autodraft can be used, and the managers have until opening day to be compliant.

Frankys pick could be changed to state that everybody must have three players from expansion teams.

If you decide to stay with a live draft, then I recommend that RJ changes his. It is interesting, but maybe a little too complicated or time-consuming.
memphisjohn

I changed my theme to try to help

Postby Rjnewman » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Hope it does. RJ
Rjnewman

Postby GFDWARF07 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:54 pm

[quote:c43d0da04b="memphisjohn"]For what it's worth, I can't really do a live draft because of time commitments. I would be a continual hold-up. If the 12 themes are relatively simple, then an autodraft can be used, and the managers have until opening day to be compliant.

Frankys pick could be changed to state that everybody must have three players from expansion teams.

If you decide to stay with a live draft, then I recommend that RJ changes his. It is interesting, but maybe a little too complicated or time-consuming.[/quote:c43d0da04b]

Thanks John, but many of our '69 owners consider the draft as fun (if not moreso) than the season. So I think we'd want to keep it on DD. We will see, I am close to moth balling it at this point.

Thanks RJ, for the change.
GFDWARF07

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999