RAISE THE MOUND ATG VI - LEAGUE FORMED AND LOADING

Our historical single season sets

Postby GFDWARF07 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Great to see Bill, Greg, Kev, all of you! Thanks for signing up!

If this thing fills and someone wants to get a randomizer run and the draft set up while I'm gone, please be my guest. Just don't skip my pick! :)
GFDWARF07

Re: Halfway there!

Postby TallEd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 am

[quote="dharmabums"]1. gfdwarf07
2. dharmabums
3. ehlekev
4. AllStarInc
5. rjnewman
6. ggrover15
7.TallEd

Have a ? about the placement of the autodraft picks. If they are placed at the top of the autodraft list would that not create the possibility that if 2 mgr's selected the same player autodraft could assign a player that had been selected in the draft of the 1st 16 players if they get listed after the autodraft picks causing someone to lose a draft choice. Would it not be safer to place the autodraft picks at the bottom of that list?
TallEd

Postby ggrover15 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 pm

the auto draft will not select a player if he is on anybody draft card at all. Does not matter what spot you have him.... If I draft Mays and put him last on my draft card and say hank is about him and 2 people go after hank then they will ge tthe next player below mays since he is on my draft card. Now if some takes mays on there auto draft then they will get mays and have to trade him to me for whoever I get with me missing mays....
ggrover15

Postby TallEd » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:20 pm

[quote:78ad293330="ggrover15"]the auto draft will not select a player if he is on anybody draft card at all. Does not matter what spot you have him.... If I draft Mays and put him last on my draft card and say hank is about him and 2 people go after hank then they will ge tthe next player below mays since he is on my draft card. Now if some takes mays on there auto draft then they will get mays and have to trade him to me for whoever I get with me missing mays....[/quote:78ad293330]
Thanks for the clarification.
TallEd

Postby KEVINEHLE » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:44 am

[quote:6bd4c193d5="TallEd"][quote:6bd4c193d5="ggrover15"]the auto draft will not select a player if he is on anybody draft card at all. Does not matter what spot you have him.... If I draft Mays and put him last on my draft card and say hank is about him and 2 people go after hank then they will ge tthe next player below mays since he is on my draft card. Now if some takes mays on there auto draft then they will get mays and have to trade him to me for whoever I get with me missing mays....[/quote:6bd4c193d5]
Thanks for the clarification.[/quote:6bd4c193d5]

For further clarification....probably not a good idea to draft Mays in this particular league. :wink:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

1969 Small Market w/ Franchise Players theme

Postby TallEd » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:49 pm

[quote:c766767c96="ehlekev"]For further clarification....probably not a good idea to draft Mays in this particular league. :wink[/quote:c766767c96]

Kev, have you viewed the league yet? You and Dharmabums are the only ones in this league that participated in the Raise the mound 69 league that have not signed on yet. Only need 4 more to draft. Like to have you on board. Any feedback is welcome?
TallEd

Postby KEVINEHLE » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks TallEd. I'm not sure why so many of the guys from our last league haven't shown interest. I thought it was an entertaining season. I love stats....and there were plenty of bizaaro stats to look at in that league.
For example, my catcher had 9 doubles, 19 triples, and 10 HRs....and led the league with 86 RBIs. Munson deserved MVP...but didn't get it because it's all political!!

It's also a land where some of the $.5M guys can show us what they can do. However, things will most likely be different in the brutal world of $10M+ pitchers in ATG6.

Hopefully people will sign up soon and get this thing going.

Kev :wink:
KEVINEHLE

May a manager who never played 1969 join?

Postby AuntTookie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:04 pm

I have a spare credit, and find the theme very interesting. I have had a few ATG teams but not 1969.

Never tried a diamonddope draft though, but still would like to try.
AuntTookie

Re: May a manager who never played 1969 join?

Postby TallEd » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:31 am

[quote:b32355dcf0="AuntTookie"]I have a spare credit, and find the theme very interesting. I have had a few ATG teams but not 1969.

Never tried a diamonddope draft though, but still would like to try.[/quote:b32355dcf0]

Absolutely, doing a draft on diamond dope is not difficult and the league I just participated in was my first attempt. Most of the guys in the league are veterans at it and will be better at explaining the "how to" than I can but I will try. If I omit anything important or get something wrong look for someone to chime in and set the record straight. I have to say all of the people who participated in the raise the mound 69 league were a great group and were most helpful to me during my first attempt.

1.commit to participating in the league and your name will be added to the list of managers. this is done here on the message boards.
2. If you do not have a diamond dope account you need to set one up.
It is free and fairly easy to do. On the 1969 message board if you go into the link titled "Raise The Mound! No Hitters >2mil=drafting" toward the bottom of the first page you will find a hyperlink to diamond dope with instructions on how to set up your account. You will also see many of your other ?'s answered there as the other managers explained the process and answered my ?'s for my first attempt.
3.Once the league is full with committed managers a neutral party will run a draft randomizer to determine the draft order. Based on these results the division within the league you will be in will be determined.
4.Next the draft site is set up on diamond dope. After that is done when you log on you will be able to see a link to your league. you check in at the appropriate time to place you in the division that you are in ie..East, Central, West.
5. Once all the teams are checked in the draft begins with players selecting their picks in turn. This usually takes a few days as most of us cannot be at the computer al at the same time for that extended period of time.
6.when draft is complete a private league will be set up on tsn site and you will be provided the password to join. At this time you sign up for the league, Use your credit then, input your selected players as you would if it were an autodraft. After that it is just like any other game. Just remember to select join a private league at the appropriate time.

Hope this helps. If, after reading all the info, you still want to join either this league or the Small market with Franchise Players 1969 League simply post a count me in message on that site and you are in. once in follow the proceedings on the message board until after the draft is over on diamond dope. once the tsn league is set up your messages to the other managers can be done there in your league as normal.

Hope to see you in one of these leagues or both. they will be fun!
TallEd

Postby TallEd » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:41 am

[quote:35a5b94b0e="ehlekev"]Thanks TallEd. I'm not sure why so many of the guys from our last league haven't shown interest. I thought it was an entertaining season. I love stats....and there were plenty of bizaaro stats to look at in that league.
For example, my catcher had 9 doubles, 19 triples, and 10 HRs....and led the league with 86 RBIs. Munson deserved MVP...but didn't get it because it's all political!!

It's also a land where some of the $.5M guys can show us what they can do. However, things will most likely be different in the brutal world of $10M+ pitchers in ATG6.

Hopefully people will sign up soon and get this thing going.

Kev :wink:[/quote:35a5b94b0e]

Kev, you are correct it was a lot of fun. However I was referring to the new 1969 theme league shown on the message board as topic "Small Market w/ Franchise players" Most of the mgr's from raise the mound 69 are there. only need 4 more. Was wondering if you had viewed the specs for that league?
TallEd

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999