'69 DD Live Draft Done...and Away We Go!!!!

Our historical single season sets

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:36 am

I would prefer sticking to the "Waivers" process. I don't know if there are a bunch of hyenas in this league that will stay up til midnight to pluck the better remaining players........but the waivers may be a fairer way to hand it.
Of course, we all realize that the waiver order may be random since will all get our 25 players.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Re: Let the autodraft run and then all have same chance

Postby GFDWARF07 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:56 am

[quote:f0d75bfe1d="caimrisek"][quote:f0d75bfe1d="Rjnewman"]You can make adjustments under cap in normal way.[/quote:f0d75bfe1d]

I second that...it wouldn't be fair to the rest of us if you were to be able to either drop unwanted players you have already drafted now, during the draft, or later, before the autodraft. The reason for this is because everyone's strategy changes after each pick. If, however, you accidentally hit the wrong button, or drafted the wrong player (say at the end of the draft when you need your 2nd catcher, you draft a RP that can't fit on your draft card) the pick can be dropped (with approval) and remade.

As far as trading goes...if you can work something out with someone for their next pick "behind the scenes" go for it...but it will not "officially" take effect until after the auto-draft.

So...that brings up another question...of which I did not cover in my initial post for the league... Since we are drafting our entire roster [i:f0d75bfe1d]before[/i:f0d75bfe1d] the autodraft...should we still have a waiver period or should we just do a frenzy? Please, everyone, chime in on this matter and I will take the democratic solution. I will abstain from voting on this issue so there will be a majority....[/quote:f0d75bfe1d]

I agree - and yes, waivers would be my vote.
GFDWARF07

Postby LMBombers » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 pm

waivers
LMBombers

Clock stoppage...

Postby caimrisek » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Guys...I turned the draft clock off for a time on Saturday due to the fact that the Strat site on TSN was down. As I'm writing this it is back up and, therefore, the clock resumes. My decision was based on the fact that on the DD draft site the 1969 season does NOT have the same accessible info as if we were drafting another supported season. This information, of course, is available on the Strat website...so...since this info was unavailable, I decided it wouldn't be fair to have the clock run if all available information was not accessible.
caimrisek

Waivefrs or Frenzy

Postby GordieHowe » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:05 pm

I prefer waivers.
GordieHowe

Postby Paul_Long71 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:18 pm

gordie,

you can pick, the clock is up.
Paul_Long71

Postby LMBombers » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Any surprises in the draft so far? Players going earlier or later than expected or not at all?

I'm a little surprised that apparently Ken McMullen, Brooks Robinson and Jose Cardenal appear to be going undrafted.

I didn't know if McCovey would be drafted or not. It is a challenge to build a team around his salary on an 80M team much less a 60M team. franky is up to the challenge and by the way.....even with McCovey he currently has the 2nd lowest drafted team salary. He might even still have room for Frank Robinson too. :lol:
LMBombers

Postby franky35 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:45 pm

my team is a complete wreck at this point. I don't know what stadium to take. One thing for sure, I'm going to have several players that I need to trade or cut, so if you see anybody you want on my roster, please let me know and maybe we can work out a trade.
franky35

Postby Paul_Long71 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:16 pm

yeah, I've only done 2 1969 seasons and both were themed with higher caps. This was tough. I got Reggie and Lee May early....figured I'd have a home run type hitters park. But then gradually all of the teams in my division got much better power-hitter teams than me, so now I'm looking at getting a low-HR park. Figure Reggie and May have enough natural homeruns on their cards plus they'll be good on the road in my division. If I'd have known I could get Reggie or McCovey super-late in the draft, I sure would have used that 1st round pick better.....but that's why I did this...to learn.

good luck to all
Paul_Long71

Postby LMBombers » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:30 am

The draft has been fun and has run pretty quickly. I guess I should have looked at my division opponents but have to admit I just built the best team I could for my park without even thinking about other division parks or teams.

I have my team created with 1 spot left on the AD card. Everyone should start creating their teams so that we will be ready to load the league.
LMBombers

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999