1969 Draft League - Lucky 13 (Looks Like It Is Kaputt!)

Our historical single season sets

1969 Draft League - Lucky 13 (Looks Like It Is Kaputt!)

Postby kenhutchings » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:41 pm

1969 Draft League – Lucky 13

12/31/2010 [b:a1227eb9cb]First of all… Best wishes for a prosperous 2011 to my fellow Strat-O-Maticians out there.[/b:a1227eb9cb]

Second… I realize that there are two other draft leagues going on out there in 1969 land (Trash/Treasure and Mashed Taters), and since both of them likely involve the limited pool of 1969 players, I realize that there may not be any desire to sign up for another league at this time. If the draft league which I will describe below is something you’d like to participate in but just not at the moment, I am more than willing to postpone the actual commencement of the league until March 2011. Please indicate your feelings when you sign up.

This is a draft league in which the player pool will consist of players from a random selection of thirteen of the twenty-four 1969 teams. These teams will be determined after the managers have signed up, chosen their Pick 3 State, and the three numbers chosen. Thus, you commit to the league without knowing which teams/players are going to be available.

[i:a1227eb9cb]On the evening that the draft order is determined (based on Pick 3 highest to lowest), eleven teams will be eliminated from consideration,[/i:a1227eb9cb] based upon the various Pick 3 numerical combinations generated that day. Teams will be numbered as follows:
0. Atlanta Braves, 1. Baltimore Orioles, 2. Boston Red Sox, 3. California Angels,
4. Chicago Cubs, 5. Chicago White Sox, 6. Cincinnati Reds, 7. Cleveland Indians, 8. Detroit Tigers, 9. Houston Astros, 10. Kansas City Royals, 11. Los Angeles Dodgers,
12. Minnesota Twins, 13. Montreal Expos, 14. New York Mets, 15. New York Yankees, 16. Oakland A’s, 17. Philadelphia Phillies, 18. Pittsburgh Pirates, 19. St. Louis Cardinals, 20. San Diego Padres, 21. San Francisco Giants 22. Seattle Pilots, 23. Washington Senators.

If, for example, the highest number selected is 530, then that number would be divided by 24 (the overall number of teams), resulting in 22 with a remainder of 2. (Remainders will range from 0 to 23). Whichever team is associated with the remainder would be eliminated from use in this league; in this particular case, the team would be the Boston Red Sox. This process will be continued with the next ten unique numbers; if every remainder is unique, then the process would cease with the eleventh number, however, if a remainder number occurs a second time, then that particular Pick 3 number will be passed over, and the twelfth number would then be utilized.** Whichever of the thirteen teams remain following this elimination process would then comprise the player pool of the league (i.e., the Lucky 13).

Divisions are assigned based on draft order – East would be numbers 1-4, Central would be numbers 5-8, and West would be numbers 9-12. Every manager will first select a unique ball park corresponding to one of the Lucky 13 teams, and the selection will occur in the first round based upon the draft order. Thus, you will know the ball parks of your division rivals before the player draft occurs (which probably doesn’t occur too often) and be able to draft your team with this information in hand. The drafting of the ball parks will be conducted on this thread.

The player draft will commence after the selection of the ballparks, once again based upon the draft order (even though number one gets to select their ball park and the first player, they are then going to have to wait until the 24th selection before choosing again). The draft will take place on the somdraft.com website. IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS LEAGUE, IT IS HOPED THAT YOU ARE ADEPT WITH THE USE OF PROXIES OR THAT YOU FREQUENTLY MONITOR THE DRAFT SO THAT IT WILL PROCEED IN AN EXPEDITIOUS MANNER (i.e., I’d like to see the 25 round draft be completed in less than a week’s time).

This will be a $200 M, no DH league. Based on the law of averages, the average team aggregate salary of the thirteen teams is expected to be about $60 M. Due to the number of players, the amount of available free agents after the draft will be limited, and those players will likely not be very desirable. Because of that, there will be no restrictions as to the amount of free agent transactions. Team rosters shall be limited to no more than 25 players, however.

This league will likely be an opportunity to use players that are infrequently used in most 1969 leagues.

** If identical remainders occur more than once in the twelve rounds, that will be seen as a sign from the Strato gods to make the league a bit more competitive. Thus, of the teams that have not been eliminated from competition, the remaining teams with the lowest aggregate payroll will then be eliminated until the Lucky 13 have been determined. [San Diego, Cleveland, Montreal, Philadelphia, in that order].

1. kenhutchings – AZ
Last edited by kenhutchings on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
kenhutchings

Re: 1969 Draft League - Lucky 13 (and Happy New Year!!)

Postby Rick Smith » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:45 pm

[quote:d8cb81fc19="kenhutchings"]1969 Draft League – Lucky 13

12/31/2010 [b:d8cb81fc19]First of all… Best wishes for a prosperous 2011 to my fellow Strat-O-Maticians out there.[/b:d8cb81fc19]

Second… I realize that there are two other draft leagues going on out there in 1969 land (Trash/Treasure and Mashed Taters), and since both of them likely involve the limited pool of 1969 players, I realize that there may not be any desire to sign up for another league at this time. If the draft league which I will describe below is something you’d like to participate in but just not at the moment, I am more than willing to postpone the actual commencement of the league until March 2011. Please indicate your feelings when you sign up.

This is a draft league in which the player pool will consist of players from a random selection of thirteen of the twenty-four 1969 teams. These teams will be determined after the managers have signed up, chosen their Pick 3 State, and the three numbers chosen. Thus, you commit to the league without knowing which teams/players are going to be available.

[i:d8cb81fc19]On the evening that the draft order is determined (based on Pick 3 highest to lowest), eleven teams will be eliminated from consideration,[/i:d8cb81fc19] based upon the various Pick 3 numerical combinations generated that day. Teams will be numbered as follows:
0. Atlanta Braves, 1. Baltimore Orioles, 2. Boston Red Sox, 3. California Angels,
4. Chicago Cubs, 5. Chicago White Sox, 6. Cincinnati Reds, 7. Cleveland Indians, 8. Detroit Tigers, 9. Houston Astros, 10. Kansas City Royals, 11. Los Angeles Dodgers,
12. Minnesota Twins, 13. Montreal Expos, 14. New York Mets, 15. New York Yankees, 16. Oakland A’s, 17. Philadelphia Phillies, 18. Pittsburgh Pirates, 19. St. Louis Cardinals, 20. San Diego Padres, 21. San Francisco Giants 22. Seattle Pilots, 23. Washington Senators.

If, for example, the highest number selected is 530, then that number would be divided by 24 (the overall number of teams), resulting in 22 with a remainder of 2. (Remainders will range from 0 to 23). Whichever team is associated with the remainder would be eliminated from use in this league; in this particular case, the team would be the Boston Red Sox. This process will be continued with the next ten unique numbers; if every remainder is unique, then the process would cease with the eleventh number, however, if a remainder number occurs a second time, then that particular Pick 3 number will be passed over, and the twelfth number would then be utilized.** Whichever of the thirteen teams remain following this elimination process would then comprise the player pool of the league (i.e., the Lucky 13).

Divisions are assigned based on draft order – East would be numbers 1-4, Central would be numbers 5-8, and West would be numbers 9-12. Every manager will first select a unique ball park corresponding to one of the Lucky 13 teams, and the selection will occur in the first round based upon the draft order. Thus, you will know the ball parks of your division rivals before the player draft occurs (which probably doesn’t occur too often) and be able to draft your team with this information in hand. The drafting of the ball parks will be conducted on this thread.

The player draft will commence after the selection of the ballparks, once again based upon the draft order (even though number one gets to select their ball park and the first player, they are then going to have to wait until the 24th selection before choosing again). The draft will take place on the somdraft.com website. IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS LEAGUE, IT IS HOPED THAT YOU ARE ADEPT WITH THE USE OF PROXIES OR THAT YOU FREQUENTLY MONITOR THE DRAFT SO THAT IT WILL PROCEED IN AN EXPEDITIOUS MANNER (i.e., I’d like to see the 25 round draft be completed in less than a week’s time).

This will be a $200 M, no DH league. Based on the law of averages, the average team aggregate salary of the thirteen teams is expected to be about $60 M. Due to the number of players, the amount of available free agents after the draft will be limited, and those players will likely not be very desirable. Because of that, there will be no restrictions as to the amount of free agent transactions. Team rosters shall be limited to no more than 25 players, however.

This league will likely be an opportunity to use players that are infrequently used in most 1969 leagues.

** If identical remainders occur more than once in the twelve rounds, that will be seen as a sign from the Strato gods to make the league a bit more competitive. Thus, of the teams that have not been eliminated from competition, the remaining teams with the lowest aggregate payroll will then be eliminated until the Lucky 13 have been determined. [San Diego, Cleveland, Montreal, Philadelphia, in that order].

1. kenhutchings – AZ
2. Rick Smith - CA
12.[/quote:d8cb81fc19]
Rick Smith

That much thought deserves a sign-up!

Postby GFDWARF07 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:06 am

Happy New Year all!

1. kenhutchings – AZ
2. Rick Smith - CA
3. gfdwarf07 - MN
GFDWARF07

Postby G_MONEY » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:49 am

1. kenhutchings – AZ
2. Rick Smith - CA
3. gfdwarf07 - MN
4. jettblack - NY
G_MONEY

Postby franky35 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:03 pm

1. kenhutchings – AZ
2. Rick Smith - CA
3. gfdwarf07 - MN
4. jettblack - NY
5. franky35 - NE

If any team has less than 60 mil team salary, I think that HAL won't allow that team to autodraft an 80 mil cap. If this happens, we could temporarily autodraft a higher-priced player, or go to a 200 mil cap. Also, I'm assuming that if a player played for more than one team in 1969, then we are going only with the one team listed on his Strat card. Also, do I get to draft my stadium, or will the other owners select it for me after the completion of the draft?
franky35

Postby kenhutchings » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:12 pm

If any team has less than 60 mil team salary, I think that HAL won't allow that team to autodraft an 80 mil cap. If this happens, we could temporarily autodraft a higher-priced player, or go to a 200 mil cap. [i:2f71bc6f5d]($200 M Cap)[/i:2f71bc6f5d]

Also, I'm assuming that if a player played for more than one team in 1969, then we are going only with the one team listed on his Strat card. [i:2f71bc6f5d](Correct assumption... Player goes with the team indicated on the Strat card and shown on the team roster)[/i:2f71bc6f5d]

Also, do I get to draft my stadium, or will the other owners select it for me after the completion of the draft? [i:2f71bc6f5d](Stadiums drafted by the managers prior to the draft of the players).[/i:2f71bc6f5d]

:)
kenhutchings

Sorry, I need to pull out.

Postby G_MONEY » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:23 pm

1. kenhutchings – AZ
2. Rick Smith - CA
3. gfdwarf07 - MN
4. franky35 - NE
G_MONEY

Postby dlarkins » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:52 pm

. kenhutchings – AZ
2. Rick Smith - CA
3. gfdwarf07 - MN
4. franky35 - NE
5. ldanred nj
dlarkins

Lucky 13

Postby evanthomas » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:52 pm

I'm game. If folks decide to wait to start this, that is ok with me, too. I'll take Illinois unless they go broke before the next drawing.
evanthomas

Postby AllStarInc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:01 am

1. kenhutchings – AZ
2. Rick Smith - CA
3. gfdwarf07 - MN
4. franky35 - NE
5. ldanred nj
6. AllStarInc - PA
AllStarInc

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999