Theme League: Another Man's Treasure: Draft Thread

Our historical single season sets

Postby franky35 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Jett, hold on, definitely don't choose another stadium. I guess I can take the Astrodome in round 26, although I don't think that is fair to me. Since I'm commissioner, this is a tough one for me to call.

Any comments from other owners on this?
franky35

Postby franky35 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:54 pm

I should have addressed this situation in the original rules. Since there was only a 1/12 chance of it coming up, and the rules were already complex, I wanted to keep things relatively simple. There is also a 1/12 chance for this problem with hitters and pitchers. I hope it doesn't come up.

Since I'm the commissioner, I can take the Astrodome although I've drafted a power hitting team and it is a very serious disadvantage for my team. I think I've got a competitive team even with the ballpark mismatch.
franky35

Postby franky35 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:58 pm

If anyone has a high HR stadium and wants to trade for the Astrodome, let me know.
franky35

Postby GFDWARF07 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:55 pm

It's a tough call, Franky. I suppose the safest thing would have been to get your park earlier in the draft. I will not complain whatever the solution. My team was non-descript enough that I waited to make a ballpark pick, but if I had drafted for power I'd have secured one of the only decent power parks much earlier. If this becomes the situation with a pitcher or hitter it will be in round 25 or 26 and won't make much difference. But a park has a bit more impact. How about split the difference and take a non-listed park with attributes between the Astrodome and Jarry? Just an idea....
GFDWARF07

Postby AllStarInc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:08 pm

But if nobody takes the park they nominated. how does it happen that there is only park left for somebody who nominated it?

Did somebody take one they nominated?
AllStarInc

Postby G_MONEY » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 pm

All Star, I checked and nobody took a park they nominated.
The spirit of the league is to nominate trash. I succeeded in nominating a park so bad that nobody else wants it. For this I should be rewarded, not be forced to take it myself because I opted to draft a stadium later rather than earlier.
If it makes thing "fairer" I am willing to drop my last pick Al Jackson and use that pick to take Jarry Park instead.
G_MONEY

Postby franky35 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:48 pm

gfdwarf wrote [quote:a6f77b70f9]It's a tough call, Franky. I suppose the safest thing would have been to get your park earlier in the draft.[/quote:a6f77b70f9]

Actually, that wouldn't have made a difference. I could have taken Jarry in Round 1 or Round 15 or Round 24, either way, the Astrodome would be the last park available.

I should have put it in the rules, but I didn't. I'm glad it is me (the commissioner) biting the bullet here. I'll go ahead and take the Astrodome in Round 26. However, if someone is interested in a trade involving stadium plus players - let me know before the autodraft.

One last thing, it looks like Jett and I am both in the East. So, at least Jett is in my division. :wink:
franky35

Postby GFDWARF07 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 am

[quote:99d9d38b1a="AllStarInc"]But if nobody takes the park they nominated. how does it happen that there is only park left for somebody who nominated it?

Did somebody take one they nominated?[/quote:99d9d38b1a]

This is like one of those math problems that I got wrong every time and never really understood why. Your logic makes sense to me, Bill. :?
GFDWARF07

Re: Theme League: Another Man's Treasure: Draft Thread

Postby MIKEARCHAMBAULT » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:08 am

[quote:b3d30881f8="franky35"]We are nearly done with the nominating phase and are nearly ready to move onto the draft. Phew! The nominating phase turned out to be a little more complicated than I thought, but we got through it.

As a reminder, here are league rules for the Draft:
Each team will be made up of 2 superstars and 23 nominated players. At any time during the SOM draft, you can draft your 2 superstars (one pitcher and one hitter). You must draft 15 hitters (including at least 2 catchers) and 10 pitchers (including at least 5 who can start). Remember, you cannot draft any of the players you nominated.
Draft is on somdraft site league name "Trash69"

Divisions will be based on team salary with the East being the high salary teams, West the lowest. League Cap is 60 mil, unless someone manages to draft higher, then we'll move to 80 (I really doubt anyone can draft over 60 mil).

League Play - after the draft is finished:
no free agent moves;
roster size must stay at 25
unlimited trades, but superstars can't be traded.[/quote:b3d30881f8]

It looks to me like this is legal, per the last line above. Sooo, I offer to trade Shea for Astrodome. Any comments/complaints?
MIKEARCHAMBAULT

I would like to see projected divisions before approving

Postby Rjnewman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 am

If swap is within same division that is fine. If not would like to see impact first.
Rjnewman

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999