Interesting '86 team

Our historical single season sets

Interesting '86 team

Postby apolivka » Mon May 31, 2010 12:47 pm

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=263985

551 steals. 94 wins. #1 offense in the league. 1st seed in the playoffs.

Of course, swept in the 1st round of the playoffs. :)
apolivka

Postby Jake Squid » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Both of those speed teams worked out really well for you. I was in the league w/ the StarHeads.

My speed team didn't work out quite as well as either of yours:
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=167661

I made the playoffs as the wild card, lost in the 1st round to the 100 win team. The pythag for both me & the 100 win team was 88-74, so they were very lucky.
Jake Squid

Postby apolivka » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:49 am

I'm surprised you only got 20 steals out of Ozzie and Molitor. They really should be good for at least 30-35 based on the ABs they got. You must have had some really tough catchers in your division.

I think the super key players for a steal team are Eric Davis, Davey Lopes, and Otis Nixon. Lawless is a great value steal guy in a DH league. Then, you probably have to get one of either Henderson, Raines, or Pettis in the OF. I really like Daniels too as he has a lot of pop and can steal.

Catcher is the real tough spot, but I think Fitzgerald is the way to go. Pena will get caught too many times to be really useful on a steals team, but with a very limited selection, he is probably the 2nd best choice. At least you won't have to face him.

1st base is the other difficult one. I think Joe Carter is probably the best fit there. I like Tracy Jones too, but I don't think he'll get on enough against righties. I've played Hayes there, and I like him too, but I think he's too expensive for the 20-25 steals you will get out him, and he gets caught a lot too.

I still would like to get one "perfect" team, but quite a few of the key steals guys are typically in very high demand. I think if you had all the key guys and most of the other best at their position stealers, you could steal 600-625 and win.
apolivka

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999