1969 AUCTION LEAGUE - CHAT ONLY

Our historical single season sets

Postby GFDWARF07 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Mondale 13.2
GFDWARF07

Postby franky35 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:58 pm

hey ugrant, if you plan on continuing with your comments, how about addressing the issues in a logical way. Let's start with the following question:

During WWII, was the higher employment (lower unemployment) a result of spending by the US government?
franky35

Postby ugrant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Hey Franky, not everything in life is about you. My latest comments, just like the first one that set you off, were not directed at you. They're general stupid comments that I can't resist making since they seem very pertinent to Congress today.

As for your question, I've stated over and over again that a WWII analysis does not pertain to deficit spending in a peacetime economy. If you're looking for some "aha!" moment by asking a series of questions, why don't you just state your argument and be done with it?

My answer: doesn't apply.

You've already stated there is no other instance that supports your argument (which, btw, totally undercuts your apparent support for the current spending levels because they're not high enough, but I digress).

You've already accepted my point about peacetime spending, so what's left to argue about?
ugrant

Postby franky35 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:25 pm

I haven't accepted your argument about peacetime spending. In fact I don't even know what that argument is. My question is:

During WWII, was the higher employment (lower unemployment) a result of spending by the US government?

And you haven't answered this question. Instead you want to make up a question that you would prefer to answer. So how about a "yes" or "no" answer to my question.

On a related topic, I play Strat because it is enjoyable. If I want to expose myself to mindless right-wing propaganda, then I'll listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin. So, if you don't want an intelligent dialogue, then how about keeping your idiotic comments to yourself?
franky35

Postby ugrant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Franky - looks like I got under your skin again. It's pretty thin, you know that?

I'll keep commenting as I see fit. You can skip reading them if you want. But, now they just might pertain to you, since you seem to want to label me a right winger again (what did I say to warrant that?)

"Death Panels" <-- I'll put my comments directed at you in quotes so you know.
ugrant

Postby franky35 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 pm

[quote="ugrant"]Franky - looks like I got under your skin again. It's pretty thin, you know that?

I'll keep commenting as I see fit. You can skip reading them if you want. But, now they just might pertain to you, since you seem to want to label me a right winger again (what did I say to warrant that?)
quote]

(1) yes and (2) Right-winger because you spout the latest propaganda of Glen Beck, Palin, etc. that Harry Reid is a big spender.

There, now I've directly answered two of your questions. How about a "yes" or "no" answer to my question:

franky35

Postby ugrant » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:53 pm

Gee, Franky, I had no idea I was that good. A right wing propaganda spouter just because I think Harry Reid spends too much.

Maybe there's a new occupation in my future, ala, say Joseph Goebbels, [i:6b2c8573bc]"ict bin ein un propaganda spout."[/i:6b2c8573bc] (notice I included the 'un', which John Kennedy forgot, thus saying he was a jelly donut rather than a citizen of Berlin, which is what he really wanted to say).

So my answer is "no" to your question, but that's the first question, as in "no" I'm not going to answer your second question. There's many reasons for that, the primary one being it's going to get under your skin. The secondary being I doubt you have the ability to state your case and make an analytical argument supporting your thesis without my input.

That means I have to fall back on the advice of my Dad, who taught me it's really unfair to duel with an unarmed man.

"Fox News, Fair and Balanced"
ugrant

Fox news

Postby Rjnewman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:03 pm

I love that fox news slogan is fair and balanced. The fact that they chose that is demeaning to even their audience. America is going to have a difficult time arresting a long painful decline. We should start by scrapping our two party system and put in term limits.
Rjnewman

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999