1999: Riggo’s Bragging Rights League (AL vs. NL)

Our historical single season sets

Postby RiggoDrill » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:23 am

If the final spot is filled today and waivers run Sunday ...and season starts Monday night ...it will be an insane scramble to complete teams before beginning of season.

The rule about fixing rosters by Midnight PST would have to be moved up to, say NOON PST on Monday.

Life would be simpler if we put a hold on filling the league until Saturday, so we would have an entire week to complete rosters. On the other hand, I'm kinda impatient and everyone's been waiting so long to get this league off the ground... I'm inclined to just say, 'go for it!' run the draft and start playing. 8-)

-riggo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RiggoDrill

Re: Inter-league trading deadline

Postby LMBombers » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:23 am

[quote:92ecacdcaa="keyzick"]With durantjerry hopefully filling out the last spot today, waivers will run Sunday night. Which mean the season would start Monday, so a tighter window to get the rosters straightened out.[/quote:92ecacdcaa]

Depends on when durantjerry loads his team. If he enters right now for instance the draft will run in 10min so we would have extra time to trade prior to waivers. There will just be less time after waivers Sunday night to mess with rosters which is what I think you are trying to say.
LMBombers

12 noon PST Monday deadline 4 inter-league trading works 4me

Postby gbrookes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:28 am

That deadline works for me.

It is also important to note that that is just the trading deadline for inter-league player moves, (or, for that matter, dropping players to free agency, as the other way to solve the players of the wrong league on your roster).

BUT, of course, we can still do other player moves (trades, adds and drops) with players of the CORRECT league after that deadline.

I am also really excited to get this party started! Should be a lot of fun!

Thanks again Riggo for coming up with this!

Geoff
gbrookes

Re: Inter-league trading deadline

Postby keyzick » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:07 am

[quote:33dcfa88f3="LMBombers"][Depends on when durantjerry loads his team. If he enters right now for instance the draft will run in 10min so we would have extra time to trade prior to waivers. There will just be less time after waivers Sunday night to mess with rosters which is what I think you are trying to say.[/quote:33dcfa88f3]

Good point!! I forgot about that! Like others have said, I'm anxious too...compressed time fram post-waivers be damned, let's go for it!!
keyzick

Postby MFL536 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:27 pm

is there any chance this is going to draft today.
MFL536

Postby toshiro » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 pm

tick tock!
toshiro

Postby SteadyEddie33 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:45 pm

great... I didn't think the draft would run in time to open this monday. Typical bad assumption... $HITE!

I've dropped one SP, still have

SP-Reynoso 1.91
Isringhausen 1.08

RP- Timlin 3.61
Schoenweis 0.59
Service 0.50

Will be online all AM Monday, so one way or another, it'll get done. :roll:
SteadyEddie33

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999