How's this for a pitching rotation...

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

How's this for a pitching rotation...

Postby voovits » Wed May 30, 2012 12:02 am

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=389365&stats=sim&onroster=1

You know you got something good when Schilling is your 4th starter.

The easy part will be building a good offense around the rotation.

The hard part will be getting good relievers, especially since they'll hardly be used to know if they're good or not. Banking heavy on Henke being good this season.
voovits

question on players

Postby mightyquinnj » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:55 am

From someone who has not played in the mystery card game yet, how do you know which year a player is? I have noted that you have dropped some players, or traded them, but how can you tell if they are going to be a keeper or a dud?

By the way, impressive pitching staff.
Thanks, Q
mightyquinnj

Postby voovits » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm quick to add or drop players, especially hitters because I believe that HAL knows the years the players are playing on and will set the lineup accordingly. So guys who hit at the bottom of the order, or perhaps dont start at all are more likely to be on bad seasons.

There are other factors to consider, but that's the short, short version.
voovits

players

Postby mightyquinnj » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:40 pm

So by that rationale and looking at your opening day lineup with Decker hitting cleanup and Perez hitting 5th you can assume that you got their best years. And in contrast, since Ward was hitting 9th, you can assume that you missed his good year(s).

A cleanup hitter for .98 M is quite a feat. However, and if you allow me a question into your method, why get rid of Valentin at 3B when he was hitting .300? Did you notice something about him or did he have to go to pick up another player?

thanks in advance for allowing me to pick your brain,
Q
mightyquinnj

Postby voovits » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:45 am

Valentin hit behind Coles in the order. That means that Coles is better offensively, which eliminates the best card of Valentin.

I dont care what kind of stats the players put up, I pay no attention to that. I only pay attention to where they hit in the lineup (not counting the 1 and 2 slots in the order) and other defining things that could help determine a season like HBP and injuries.
voovits

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s