BTT 70s Player Questions

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

BTT 70s Player Questions

Postby kenhutchings » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Just recently completed a 70s league and am fervently hoping that my team will pull out a Game 5 victory in the first round of the playoffs.

I had two pitchers on my team that I have questions about (and realize that even though the questions likely have merit, it won't result in any changes).

Dave Roberts, the pitcher, averages over 200 IP for the five seasons that he's carded for. Yet, he is a non * pitcher. Is that because he failed to achieve the 200 IP in three of the five seasons? In 1972, a shortened season, he pitched 192 innings, and likely would have exceeded 200 IP had the entire season been played.

And why is Dick Woodson exclusively a relief pitcher?? In two of the five seasons that he's carded for (1972 and 1973), he was exclusively a starting pitcher. [BTW, Woodson is one of my favorite cheapie '69 players whenever I compete in those leagues]. Anyway, it seems that Woodson should be a combined starter/relief pitcher.

Should the 70s game ever get upgraded, changes to these two players should probably be considered.

Happy New Year to Everyone out there in Strato Land!! :D :D
kenhutchings

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s