Quick Question About Drafting

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Quick Question About Drafting

Postby AdamPhoenix » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:23 pm

I'm a little confused, currently I have not selected anyone to draft (Still making decisions), but I thought you needed to list all 25 players in priority order. For example, I could list say a pitcher than a hitter than two pitchers than a hitter, etc. However, the fist screen I am at only has me list the players in order by hitter and then by pitcher but the two are not intermingled.

Is this how it is, or afte rI choose 25 players to draft on this screen, I then go to another screen and prioritize them 1-25 not pitchers together and hitters together.
AdamPhoenix

Postby bjs73 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:02 pm

[quote:a0fbd6a2bc]Is this how it is, or afte rI choose 25 players to draft on this screen, I then go to another screen and prioritize them 1-25 not pitchers together and hitters together.[/quote:a0fbd6a2bc]

This is how it works.
bjs73

Postby Ducky » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:11 pm

Pick your 25 players, prioritize, pick your stadium and then join a leauge, autodraft or private.

Mike
Ducky

Postby Jimmy_C » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:24 pm

One thing to remember is that once you've joined a league, you won't be able to change it. Also, you won't even be able to view it until the league fills and the autodraft runs. I always print out my draft list before joining a league, so I can see how well (or poorly) I did in the AD.
Jimmy_C

Real life results

Postby honestiago1 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:43 pm

It's a good idea to check where players actually played on their cards. If, for example, you're planning on playing in a pitcher's park, then pitchers who performed ably in hitter's parks (Jack Morris) will perform better in your home park. On the other hand, power hitters who thrived on short porches or favorable wind conditions (hitters in Wrigley, Kingdome, Tiger Stadium, etc.) are going to falter more in a pitcher's park.

That being the case, the players who will usally, if not always give you something are those who hit the snot out of the ball, even in pitcher's parks (Canseco, Strawberry, Will Clark [especially], Jack Clark [Busch and Candlestick], McGwire). Granted, these players will produce anywhere, but others, like a Tony Armas or a Kirk Gibson (non-Dodgers card), might not give you much in, say, Royals Stadium, or the Astrodome (okay, unfair -- nobody gives you anything in the 'dome).

Anyway, it's something to consider (along with the 10,000 other things people look at when drafting).
honestiago1

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s