Syncronizing your board name and account name...

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Syncronizing your board name and account name...

Postby Outta Leftfield » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:16 pm

Have you noticed that on this board you get the name you originally signed in with, not the name you chose for the old infopop board? That's because TSN decided to automatically use your registration name on this board, not your previous board name. But maybe nobody knows you by your registration name, if it's different from the board name, so you've suddenly become anonymous.

I had that problem so I linked "Larry," the board moderator, and asked him to resolve the problem. He sent me a nice email telling me that my registration name had now been changed to my preferred board name, which happens to be "Outta Leftfield." I just had to sign in again under this name (i.e. OL), keeping my old password. And that was it...all my posts on this board changed to my OL name, even ones I'd previously sent. It took a day for my manager ratings to update, but that happened the next morning.

So if you'd like to regain your identity as we move to this board, I'd suggest sending Larry a link and requesting a change to your preferred board name.

By the way--I just made it to the bottom of page two (the top 100) of the manager ratings. I feel like I'm starting to enter veteran territory! It was nice to see my "real" name appear for the first time just as I entered page two. :D
Outta Leftfield

Postby PillPop » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:56 pm

Wow. And I thought I was the only one to have that happen. I went through the same process with Larry earlier this week.
PillPop

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s