Event 2, League 5 Sign-ups - DRAFT STARTED

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby edgecitytx » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:32 pm

Someone almost always has to miss waivers and I don't think you can accomodate 12 managers. But one reason to draft earlier in the week is it gives the one who misses a chance to fix his team, where Sunday waivers gives one workday to make adjustments. And especially early in the season that seems less fair. Just my .02 cents.
edgecitytx

Postby Jeepdriver » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:27 pm

Riggo is in! We draft tonight! :D
Jeepdriver

Postby Jeepdriver » Mon May 01, 2006 7:12 am

Any comments on yall's draft?

I'm not going to complain, pretty good actually for me. Anyone wanna talk trade I love to do that, so let me know.

Any interest in Kazmir or Granderson, they can go cheaply.
Jeepdriver

Postby edgecitytx » Mon May 01, 2006 9:51 am

I'm actually pretty happy. The guys I missed fell to mostly pretty good replacements and the waiver pick makes up for the one who didn't. Of course I say that today when my record's 0-0. :roll:
edgecitytx

Postby FoggyOne » Mon May 01, 2006 1:05 pm

lotta cash and no players. it will be interesting to see which free agents we decide to overpay...............

Surprised that Derek Lee went undrafted. Sure he is overvalued BUT, with an extra 20M to spend I would have thought someone would have paid the extra 3M (or so) for 1.5 real value.

I made a buch of trade offers. No hurt feelings if they are rejected. For the most part, my proposals were my useful excess players for the other party's (rather than having to wait to try to fish them (or similar players)out of the free agent pond later).

What to do with the 12th pick??????? I am certain I have identified the first 11 waiver picks! :lol:
FoggyOne

Postby Coffeeholic » Mon May 01, 2006 1:49 pm

Yup... drats on Derek Lee. I hemmed and hawwed about whether to put Pujohls or Lee low on my draft list and ended up going with Pujols. Wish I would've tried Lee instead. Same with Tejada... think I had Young late and missed him also. :roll:

Foggy, you didn't make me any trade offers? I'd be happy to take Cabrera off your hands? :lol:
Coffeeholic

Postby SGTD » Mon May 01, 2006 2:17 pm

I like my team, don't like some of pitchers (too many Homeruns) for Coors. It should be fun. My other Tournment team was in 1st palce and then went on a 13 Game losing streck :twisted: At least they won 2-3 last night :D . SGT D
SGTD

Postby FoggyOne » Mon May 01, 2006 2:48 pm

doubt I will trade cabrera but I never know what Fiskie the Cat will do............
FoggyOne

Postby mesquiton » Mon May 01, 2006 9:35 pm

Missed most of my top picks, but some good consolation prizes, so can't complain too much. Especially with the pitchers...don't know how it happened, but I think I only drafted 3 starters over $1M, yet ended up with four good starters over $3M...? Looks like 4th in waivers might help, too!

Haven't really had a chance to study my team yet, but will likely be looking for a couple more lefty sluggers, in case anybody can spare one...but probably wait for waivers before making moves.

BTW, thanks y'all for helping a tough LC situation turn out OK! Especially glad to see Riggo had time to drop somebody, so hopefully he was able to get his waiver picks in. Not that I'm looking forward to having my butt kicked! :D
mesquiton

Postby Jeepdriver » Tue May 02, 2006 7:47 pm

OK, I won't be tweaking very much the next 6 days, but was very active in the frenzy after waivers. Thanks for Wright, I needed a bat real bat for the 3-4 hole and he fits nicely. I also grabbed Matsui just before Coffee was retrieving him, much to his dismay. :wink:

Good Luck all!
Jeepdriver

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship