Event 5 question

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Event 5 question

Postby edub1969 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Just looking for some clarification on Event 5:

1. I'm assuming each league is set up as either NL or AL - true?
2. Also assuming there must be a way to set up the auto draft to be NL teams or AL teams so we don't get a player from the other league that ultimately would need to be dropped. - true?
3. Lastly, since it says DH will be used for this event, that also includes the NL leagues yes?

Thanks all!
edub1969

Postby WJS6768 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:48 pm

I have a question about Event 5 also. Is an $80M cap fair when you can only use half of the player set? A bad autodraft could kill you. Is a $60M cap a better option?
WJS6768

Postby edgecitytx » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:27 am

I have a question about Event 5 too. Does your park need to be AL/NL as well?
edgecitytx

Postby Roscodog » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:53 pm

I've never played an NL/AL only league,I usually avoid them, but can't this time around.

-I may be wrong but- believe that the leagues are set up for AL or NL.
-I think the Autodraft is the same as always
-I believe the DH is used in both
-Could be screwed if you miss out on players
-Not sure about ball park

so basically this probably didn't help at all and we'll have to wait for the commish. :wink:
Last edited by Roscodog on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roscodog

Postby FRANKZAHN » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:22 pm

As far as I know, there is no way to limit the autodraft to NL or AL only. Seems I recall that last time we did this, we had to drop all the ineligible players during the preseason.
FRANKZAHN

Postby edub1969 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks for the responses Rosco and fj!
edub1969

Postby mesquiton » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:16 pm

For what it's worth, I can add this much:

All leagues are DH (both AL and NL) according to the posted rules/schedule.

In the past, AL/NL-only Tour leagues have always been $60M.
I agree, an $80M AL/NL-only draft means it's very likely that if you get screwed in the draft, you're screwed. At $80M, not enough good free agents left to fix a bad draft in waivers, and trades for good players even more impossible than usual.

Past AL/NL-only events have also required that ballparks be drafted from the same league as the players.

I think fjzahn is correct, no way to limit the autodraft by league (unlike ATG), so mistakes must be fixed in the preseason. Mistakes can be very costly, because again, there might not be anybody left on the waiver wire that you want to replace your mistake, especially with an $80M cap.

As Roscodog noted, looks like we need to wait for the commish to clarify, and maybe take another look at the salary cap, for this year's event.
mesquiton

Postby thisisdan26 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:43 am

[quote:b33e1aceb2="mesquiton"]For what it's worth, I can add this much:

All leagues are DH (both AL and NL) according to the posted rules/schedule.

In the past, AL/NL-only Tour leagues have always been $60M.
I agree, an $80M AL/NL-only draft means it's very likely that if you get screwed in the draft, you're screwed. At $80M, not enough good free agents left to fix a bad draft in waivers, and trades for good players even more impossible than usual.

Past AL/NL-only events have also required that ballparks be drafted from the same league as the players.

I think fjzahn is correct, no way to limit the autodraft by league (unlike ATG), so mistakes must be fixed in the preseason. Mistakes can be very costly, because again, there might not be anybody left on the waiver wire that you want to replace your mistake, especially with an $80M cap.

As Roscodog noted, looks like we need to wait for the commish to clarify, and maybe take another look at the salary cap, for this year's event.[/quote:b33e1aceb2]

YES definitely 60 Mil Cap...

There is no way to limit it in the auto draft, so we'll have ti drop ineligibles.

And stadium must be from the league that the players are.

DH in both
thisisdan26

Postby durantjerry » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 pm

[quote:69dda07846]YES definitely 60 Mil Cap... [/quote:69dda07846]
The rules say $80 Cap
durantjerry

Postby TomSiebert » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Rules say $80MM, no doubt, but I hope we can all vote or agree that $60MM cap will make an all AL/NL league far more competitive. A lousy draft and you're done for early, especially in an autodraft that can give you players from the opposite league and then you're sunk.

tws
TomSiebert

Next

Return to --- Player's Championship