Champion's League

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby Spider 67 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:34 am

When we load our teams for the auto-draft portion, to avoid a chance of someone inadvertently drafting another team's claimed player and creating a real mess, I assume everyone is required to rank their 15 drafted players in the first 15 positions.
Spider 67

Postby Delbird » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:03 am

[quote:8cabd5445f="Spider 67"]When we load our teams for the auto-draft portion, to avoid a chance of someone inadvertently drafting another team's claimed player and creating a real mess, I assume everyone is required to rank their 15 drafted players in the first 15 positions.[/quote:8cabd5445f]

I don't think this is necessary based on the way the AD works - as long as we are the only one's that list our 15 players on the card (which s/b the case), then the automated AD will not inadvertently pick up any of those players because it knows they are listed on another draft card. So the only way one of our 15 would be picked by another team is if they list that player - and if that occurs, then a drop would just need to be completed.
Delbird

Postby Spider 67 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:34 am

My reasoning for requiring the 15 picks to be ranked in the top 15 positions is this: say someone doesn't notice that I drafted Swisher, puts him in their top 10 choices and I list them as my last two in the AD (since I should put my 10 undrafted choices at the top of my list). Then they would be required to drop Swisher prior to waivers and I would need to use a waiver pick to get him back or someone else may see that he's available and pick him up before I do.

Just seems like it will be much less complicated if we require the drafted players to be ranked first.

I've never participated is this kind of draft and will work with it either way, but need to know for sure before loading my team.
Spider 67

Postby Delbird » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 am

I think if any 'mistake' picks were to occur it would be clear to everyone and could be communicated in league mail, with everyone realizing that the player in question is 'owned' by the manager that drafted him. Leagues I've been in where a partial live draft occur usually result in those players being placed at the end of the draft card. Mistakes happen but those tend to get cleared up. I wouldn't think you'd even need to use waivers in a mistake situation - we have rights to our live drafted players and those rights should be maintained thru the process until the drafting manager decides to drop the player himself. Anyway...that's what I've seen in past leagues.
Delbird

Postby boyer14 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:02 am

When I have used this draft with the Barnstormers tourney we always listed our 15 Diamond Dope drafted players last on our card. We are still competing for the rest of the roster so those ten should go in the top 10 slots on the draft list in Strat. You should take a look at the 10 you plan to add and make sure they have not been previously drafted - those 15 are protected for each team. If you want to double-check that they are not yet drafted you can enter their name in the search feature of the Diamond Dope draft - it should pull them up as still available if no one has drafted them.
boyer14

Postby Spider 67 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:05 am

Delbird and waldenhd, thanks. I'll get my team ready to go with drafted players at the bottom of my list.

Spider
Spider 67

Postby J-Pav » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:16 am

Guys:

I selected my stadium and the draft is complete on Diamond Dope. I travel back to the states tonite and will be home by midafternoon tomorrow. If the league is already filled, I will close it out at the earliest possible time.

I agree that the 10 undrafted players must be at the top of the card. Too many things can go wrong otherwise. My experience in the past is that there will be a few minor errors that are easily ironed out.

GL to all,

J

:D
J-Pav

Starting Pitchers available - Volquez or J.Johnson

Postby RiggoDrill » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm interested in moving [b:113cc6cbcd][color=blue:113cc6cbcd]Volquez [/color:113cc6cbcd][/b:113cc6cbcd]or [b:113cc6cbcd][color=blue:113cc6cbcd]Josh Johnson[/color:113cc6cbcd][/b:113cc6cbcd]. If interested, please email me at mikebrown1977@yahoo.com.
-----------------------------------------------------------
RiggoDrill

Postby RiggoDrill » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:59 pm

My team is in - Central is ready to load.
RiggoDrill

Central is Loaded...

Postby Delbird » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:04 pm

...ready for the West.
Delbird

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship