luckyman = the mighty have fallen

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Wow, LOL, good to see I'm important enough to be the subject of weinberg's latest talking point!!! Proud face.

I always thought that I was a better coach than a GM, and this season proves me right. I couldn't monitor my teams this season, although, with one exception, I was able to be available for the drafts.

Since roughly the midseason of the first tour, I've been in and out of hospitals. Friday, I go back in the hospital for another month with barely any internet access---which reminds me...sorry guys if I haven't read mails or answers back...

Was lucky enough to get into tour 4, but couldn't get the commish's email fast enough to realize I had selected the same stadium as in tour 1 (Busch--somewhat a proof that I wasn't paying close attention to the Tour). So the penalty should draw me back beyond the first 36 places.

Truth is, I have other things in mind---I lost my job in the process---so I couldn't care less, frankly---well, maybe just enough to write this post, I guess.

This said, I still had a 100-win season in the Tour, and didn't get a losing season in the process. Not too shabby, considering the circumstances.

Funny enough, in the two tours I played with weinberg, I finished ahead of him once!!! (well...I should say, ahead of the "brother" avatar of weinberg, so-called spicki).

Not to make any excuse of it, but I also adopted the strategy of taking neutral stadiums all along the first four seasons, in order to have all my options open for the last two seasons, in the hope that I would do enough to be among the first 36 teams in the process.

I stand behind this strategy. The goal of the tour is not to stand in the high rankings and then whine about how unjust it is to judge GMs over one season and bou hou hou, but really, in my opinion, it is about winning the last playoff series of the last Tour.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby Palmtana » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Get well soon, luckyman. No one has given more to the online game than you.
Palmtana

Postby gbrookes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:48 am

I hope you get well soon, marcus!!!!! Sorry to hear of your tough times. :(

Geoff
gbrookes

Postby edgecitytx » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:03 am

Marcus (Lucky), sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope you're better soon, friend.

Don't count yourself out of the top 36, even with the penalty.

No need to defend yourself to Whineberg. He's a great player, but I don't know anyone who takes what he says seriously (well, maybe Spicki). I was going to respond to him earlier, but then I remembered: DFTT.

I can't thank you enough for all you've done to help me (us) understand this game.

Get well soon.

edge
edgecitytx

Postby cristano1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:20 pm

lucky-
sorry, i didnt mean to bash you when you were on hard times... i just missed the days when you were a perennial top 5 manager... i feel like i am the only manager who has consistently been top 12 in all events and tournaments... be it atg 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009... it gets lonely at the top all by myself, and i just missed you up here...
cristano1

Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship