Just TWO more for Event 3 lg 6!!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby michael_kofsky » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:45 pm

I will join this league. I NEVER got an email from the commish saying event 3 signups were even starting...
michael_kofsky

???

Postby mesquiton » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:02 pm

What do you guys think this forum is for, besides complaining? Did you ever consider that it might be a good idea for tournament participants to regularly check the tournament forum? How do 5 leagues get posted and filled (even this thread has been here for a week) without you knowing that Event 3 has started? Event 3 notices and leagues (including notice by the Commish of his email) have been posted here for almost 3 weeks! :?
mesquiton

Postby michael_kofsky » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:36 pm

First of all, its only been 2 weeks. Second, some of us are extremely busy with work. I have been on trial for the last 2.5 weeks and rely on the emails we get on our blackberry's to know what's going on. So Mesquiton, basically go F#@! yourself. No one asked for your opinion anyway.
michael_kofsky

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Sarah0808 or fjzahn

You can have my spot, I am out.
ROBERTLATORRE

Postby TomSiebert » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:45 am

Getting contentious here. Everybody calm down, please. :wink:

FWIW, I was on Ocracoke Island in the far environs of the Outer Banx when all this league three stuff was gearing up, and did not get word until I was back from vacation. I blame no one.

Still, since we had seven leagues fill for rounds one and two, I did not expect us to have problems filling league six.

I hope we will be able to fill this league! I'm enjoying the tournament and would rather not be eliminated.

Getting this number of people together in unison to do anything is like, as the cliche says, herding cats. I appreciate the efforts of the organizing guys, and hope they will work with us to fill this league.

Thank you! Have a great Labor Day Weekend !

tws
TomSiebert

Fillers

Postby FRANKZAHN » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Are you guys going to need a filler or not? I am still available for now. Let me know.
FRANKZAHN

Is this going to happen?

Postby TomSiebert » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:49 am

I'm getting concerned. We're weeks behind, and they're talking about starting round FOUR now? Uh-oh....

tws
TomSiebert

mesquiton...

Postby SteadyEddie33 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:10 pm

How is it you think we had 7 leagues fill for the first two events and yet we've been struggling for a couple weeks now (with 8 teams) trying to fill a 6th???

Obviously there's a disconnect somewhere and it's not just a few people. Although I'm sure some simply dropped out without notice, the change in event type and starting date affected a significant number.

We were hoping Thisisdan would rally the troops to find out who the missing players are and therefore maybe contact them directly to inform about the league. At least I was :oops:
SteadyEddie33

Sarah and fjzahn...

Postby SteadyEddie33 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:15 pm

In the absence of commish response, I propose we take you both as fillers, take the next one and roll on.

Any opposed?? :roll:
SteadyEddie33

Postby thisisdan26 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:35 pm

In the email that I sent out, I did advise everyone that has not yet joined an event 3 league, to please do so ASAP. I have not seen anyone join yet, and I did email a manager that was interested in serving as a filler. I told him to give it until the end of today to allow anyone who has just read my email to join (although I know they have had more than enough time already). I am giving this time because I KNOW there are managers out there that have not yet signed up for event 3 and will stumble across the email or message boards eventually.

But like I said before, they have had plenty of time, and if no one else joins over night, we will have fillers for the league tomorrow.
thisisdan26

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship