What is the players' tour??

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

What is the players' tour??

Postby ANDYCOCHRANE » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:28 pm

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the SOM players' tour actually is? How do you take part? Do you have to do a live draft? Any info gladly received.
ANDYCOCHRANE

Postby bigmahon » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:32 pm

[url]http://forums-beta.sportingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=17668[/url]

Hey Shankly, check out the rules thread. This should answer a lot of your questions. :wink:
bigmahon

Postby J-Pav » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:09 pm

[b:7c934d516d]Shankly[/b:7c934d516d]:

The "tour" is a 7-8 month long series consisting of 5-7 events to determine the best twelve players in the group, who play in a final "Tour Championship."

[i:7c934d516d]Anyone[/i:7c934d516d] can take part by signing up when the tour season opens, usually sometime in April. All are encouraged to join in.

You only need play in five events (of seven possible) to qualify for the finals. This year we had live drafts, auto drafts, dh, no dh, different salary caps, etc. Read the new tour rules thread when they come out, because next year may be somewhat different than this past tour.

Everyone should feel welcome to try and compete. It seems a little intimidating at first, but you find out quickly that things run pretty smoothly, everyone is helpful and friendly, and whatever questions you might have get answered in a hurry.

This year was my first tour. I was really hung up on entering the live drafts (learning [b:7c934d516d]Penn[/b:7c934d516d]'s website) and especially the auction league (p a i n f u l l y slowwwww), but tried them both and found everything to be easier than I had imagined.

You'll find no better test of your Strat-O skills and you're really missing out if you don't consider playing.

:D
J-Pav

Return to --- Player's Championship