2006 Tournament Board sign-up thread

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby teepack » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:46 pm

cristano, that's a TSN issue, not a Tour issue. I agree with the 20 percent penalty, though. It keeps people from making a ton of moves.
teepack

Postby spicki17 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:59 pm

teepack -- bernie's new 2006 teaser is that when the league is set up the penalty percent for a dropped player can be set...i agree 10% would be nice, unless they offer something like the 80's has, where it is staggered (5% until 40 games, 10% until 80 games, 20% after).
spicki17

Postby tersignf » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:00 pm

tee--we could always throw a wildcard in there for one of the theme leagues. could start it with a reduced drop/add penalty option 80M league, with further approved variations when we know what tsn offers which we will by the end of the first round anway.
tersignf

Postby teepack » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:13 am

OH, I didn't see that. So they are going to make the percentage of drops an option where you choose the percentage? Interesting. That may have to be one of our theme leagues, then.

If we have the optional percentage drops, maybe we'll make that a theme league and do away with the Auction League. I love the Auction League, but it seems to be the format that causes a lot of controversy and confusion, to paraphrase Sir Topham Hatt.

I have been in discussion with Bernie. They are interested in making the Tour official. They will offer some prizes (tentative) and will help promote it. I will probably write some sort of regular column about the Tour (like I did with my Blog at the end of the season) and provide more regular updates.
teepack

Postby cristano11 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:22 am

how can u do away with the auction? its the most skilled event by far...
cristano11

Postby Rigged Splits » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:40 am

The auction is the best. I think simplifying the rules to it would help. It's a big pain to have to figure out who's on everyone's auction roster before making TSN roster moves. If you just kept your auction players until the season started and then all players not on a TSN roster were free agents it might help. Also you would not have to go to the auction to bid on free agent pick ups. You could use the new add/drop penalties on this league.
Rigged Splits

Postby Stoney18 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:42 am

Even though I totally sucked at the auction I liked the format.
Stoney18

Postby Sykes25 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:04 pm

Sorry for not getting back. Everything looks great. Auction league needs to stay in. 8)
Sykes25

Postby JAYDINGESS1 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:14 pm

Tee - agree with Sykes. I personally hated the Auction Draft (my first one) but there is a groundswell of support for it. With 7 rounds and the necessity of only playing 5, don't like it, just skip it. Also agree with Sykes, you did a great jobs on the rule changes. Good to go.

Have one thing, unless you post a poll very soon, I don't think you should add anything to the tour. Just don't want anyone bowing out because something critical was added just because TSN added it.

My 2 cents.

Jay
JAYDINGESS1

Postby teepack » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:16 pm

OK, we'll keep the Auction League format in. I wasn't aware that many people liked it. It's my favorite way to build a team.

I'm still dialoguing (is that a word?) with Bernie to figure out exactly what TSN's involvement is going to be. I do know that he is interested in helping promote the Tour to everybody who plays SOM on-line, so I am hoping we'll get more players this year. The more, the better, right? As soon as we can get some definitive word on prizes, we'll post the rules. But in lieu of that, I'm going to go ahead and start a sign-up thread in the next day or two! Spring training has begun, so it's time to get this puppy rolling!
teepack

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship