The Dugout: A player's place.

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby thisisray » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 am

I heard about what was taking place in event 1 from thisisdan26. I am very glad you took action against this manager so that we could keep the integrity of the game and players championship. 30 million is a ridiculous amount of money to have off your payroll and there is no way a team can be competitive. Thanks for all the work you have done so far. Keep it up!
thisisray

Postby keyzick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:17 pm

I agree with your actions too.

To cut out $30M in salary from an $80M budget...no way I could be convinced that it was done in an effort to increase the competitive structure of a team.
keyzick

Postby Jeepdriver » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:37 pm

As someone who is in Event 1 with Gstanis, Cummings made the correct and only move he could make. Not only is his win percentage .281 after numerous highly-questionable moves, his attitude is just as dubious.

Thanks C2 for jumping on this.
Jeepdriver

Postby gstanis » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:49 am

I will continue to operate as I always have. I have reached out to The Sporting news directly regarding this issue.

I haven't anything different than what I have done for four years. It is not an isolated incident so I have decided to go above the commish and will take this to a higher authority.

Sporry fellas. manage your own team, not mine. Suspend me, I'll get around it. we all know how to get around it.

Thanks to the commish for reaching out to me before making a decision. Thanks for looking at the history. Thanks for listening only to your buddies.

I will now go above your head. Take control of my team and I assure you it will open pandoras box on this tour.

You can't offer a tournament and then tell someone how to manage their team as long as it is withing the Salary caps that are set. I have asked to raise the cap floor, No response, I have asked to limit the number of moves, no response. There is no proof that I am trying to lose on purpose, I just move my roster and sometimes I need to drop a player to try and better a different area. This league it hasn't worked. Oh well.

How many times has a guy rested his best players with 6-9 games left when he has a spot locked up but others are fighting. Based on the clause, they are also in direct violation but yet, nothing is said.

Manage your own team and I will manage mine. Either way I will continue to play this game. We all know that can't be stopped unless the site gets shut down.
gstanis

Postby cummings2 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:28 pm

[quote:123bc00625="gstanis"]I will continue to operate as I always have. I have reached out to The Sporting news directly regarding this issue.

I haven't anything different than what I have done for four years. It is not an isolated incident so I have decided to go above the commish and will take this to a higher authority.

Sporry fellas. manage your own team, not mine. Suspend me, I'll get around it. we all know how to get around it.

Thanks to the commish for reaching out to me before making a decision. Thanks for looking at the history. Thanks for listening only to your buddies.

I will now go above your head. Take control of my team and I assure you it will open pandoras box on this tour.

You can't offer a tournament and then tell someone how to manage their team as long as it is withing the Salary caps that are set. I have asked to raise the cap floor, No response, I have asked to limit the number of moves, no response. There is no proof that I am trying to lose on purpose, I just move my roster and sometimes I need to drop a player to try and better a different area. This league it hasn't worked. Oh well.

How many times has a guy rested his best players with 6-9 games left when he has a spot locked up but others are fighting. Based on the clause, they are also in direct violation but yet, nothing is said.

Manage your own team and I will manage mine. Either way I will continue to play this game. We all know that can't be stopped unless the site gets shut down.[/quote:123bc00625]

Thank you gstanis for sharing your thoughts on the situation.

The rest of you, this is the dugout, this is your place so you can all keep talking and sharing your thoughts about any and every aspect of the tour.

This situation will move to the clubhouse now.

C2
cummings2

Postby TomSiebert » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:46 pm

It's a small sample, but I will note that gstanis has gone 12-3 since making his last round of swaps in Tourney Round #2.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby AeroDave10 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:37 pm

[quote:944c3add49="TomSiebert"]It's a small sample, but I will note that gstanis has gone 12-3 since making his last round of swaps in Tourney Round #2.

tws[/quote:944c3add49]

Since a slew of activity on July 1st, he has gone 15-30 in Event 1.
AeroDave10

i just lose because

Postby bomberny50 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm dumb :roll:
bomberny50

Postby gstanis » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:48 pm

The last time I checked 15-30 was much better than how I was playing and if it weren't for the 3 best teams being in my division I would be right there in league 2. If anyone should be complaining it should be me for 8 teams outside my division being so ******.

Still have a shot at the playoffs and I will win league 3.
gstanis

Postby gstanis » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:49 pm

All the complaining about league 1 and it wont even count anyway.
gstanis

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship