No AL or NL only league?

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

No AL or NL only league?

Postby TomSiebert » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:48 pm

First of all, thank you to Cummings and Bernie and Mesquito and everyone who is working together to make the Tournament come to fruition this year. It's fun and I've been looking forward to it.

For posterity and the future, I'd just like to put in a vote for one of the rounds being an AL or NL-only league. It brings into play a whole host of players who we'll otherwise see very little of in any tournament rounds, thins the talent pool dramatically, and offers an intriguing challenge. I realize the $60MM league does that somewhat, but not in the same way.

Just my two cents. I know it's too late to change the rules this year, and I recognize the difficulties that come with the Live Draft that is a necessity for an AL/NL league. But I'm sure something could be worked out, like making that league an alternate choice to the $60MM league or one of the other categories and not making it a requirement. I just find these specific AL/NL leagues only especially fun and entertaining and by far the most realistic of any of the Strat Leagues I've played.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby cummings2 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:37 pm

Tom,

Check the Dugout 8-)
cummings2

Postby durantjerry » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:28 pm

Most of those players aren't used much because they suck.
durantjerry

Return to --- Player's Championship