Event 1 League 4: 6.08 PLAYBALL! Good Luck :)

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby Jack377 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:21 am

Coffee--

I didn't catch on to what was happening. Didn't realize your reservation was not honored. I would have waited before entering.

Sorry about that.

Jack
Jack377

Postby cummings2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:40 am

Look guys I agree with the sentiments already expressed, reservations are made and they should be honored and they will.

A few factors combined in my making the decison to move whomever didn't make it into the league to league 7:

1. We had three managers that we hadn't heard from in a couple of days when I made the call. Although highly unlikely and undesireable there was the possibility of "life getting in the way" and therefore of having this league stuck come Friday and [i:1380e108ed]then[/i:1380e108ed] having to scramble a team/manager (or two) in here to have this league up and going. I certainly didn't want to risk [i:1380e108ed]that[/i:1380e108ed].

If you are around and just waiting to load your team be it for whatever reason, just please let us know that you [i:1380e108ed]are[/i:1380e108ed] around. Had I known that no one was missing but just taking time I would have asked jeliii to move to a different league in a second. I have no way of knowing and as we all know, fortunately or unfortunately life sometimes makes it hard to keep up with strat.

2. The exra manager that joined was not being "un-corteous". He is new to the tour and [b:1380e108ed][i:1380e108ed]I[/i:1380e108ed][/b:1380e108ed] didn't convey the process we go by as well as I should've. However, the decison of keeping him in the league was mine. He very kindly offered to move his team out and into another league. It was not out anything other than my not wanting to have 11 managers hanging come Friday and teams switiching in and out of this league that I made the call that I made.

3. I know my decision is now frowned upon but it was made looking after the best interest of the [i:1380e108ed]league[/i:1380e108ed]. I considered it the least problematic solution.

My apologies to coffee, to whom I've already sent a PM and I hope he joins us in league 7.

C2
cummings2

Postby Jack377 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:08 pm

No worries, C2, just felt bad for Coffee.

Thanks for taking over the Tour.
Jack377

Postby Coffeeholic » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Sorry for my little outburst this morning boys! :oops:

I was just upset, hadn't even had my first cuppa joe yet, and felt the need to vent.

No worries now though, hope that we can consider the matter closed, and that you fellas won't hold my little temper tantrum against me in the future.

Hope you guys have a great league and maybe we'll hook up in another league sometime in the future. 8-)

C2... PM'd back at'cha
Coffeeholic

First Half thoughts?

Postby SteadyEddie33 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:13 pm

How's it going, fellas? Just wondering if anyone's ready to share observations, complaints, or desperate pleas for better dice rolls, lol.

My squad got off to an insane start, so the cool-down was expected. Hopefully I'm getting my injuries out of the way now too :D . Some odd splits thus far (both H/R and L/R), so veddy curious what the second half holds for me on offense. Especially considering I've had basically NONE during the first half, lol.

The Ferengis are finally putting it all together, wouldn't be shocked to see them run away and hide. ( Bring back Coffeeholic! LOL )

With a bunch of vets and cd crunchers in here, I feel a bit outgunned, but c'est la guerre! :shock:
SteadyEddie33

Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship