Runner-up League

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby J-Pav » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:13 pm

We know!

( :wink: :wink: :wink: )
J-Pav

Postby Jack377 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:13 pm

19 minutes is not bad considering I had one ten hour pick while I was traveling and my proxies ran out...

I thought it was "predicted run differential" or something snazzy like that... 8)
Jack377

Postby Chuckul » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:38 pm

yeah... I'm slow... the whole having a life outside of strat kills me. LoL. just kidding guys, relax. I would set up proxies but kept getting screwed because guys would pick them all. Sorry if I didn't want to put up so many that I draft Reed Johnson in the 3rd round. So, long story short, everybody is forewarned for future leagues.... I'm a slow live drafter. Sue me. :roll: :lol:
Chuckul

Postby JAYDINGESS1 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:33 am

Chuckul - I had a hard time with live drafts until I read penngray's rules about how to set up proxies. The trick I found is to set round to zero, and then set priority in the order you want them drafted. That keeps your picks coming the same as if you drafted them live. Close to the end of the draft, change your strategy to do more live drafting as you need positions filled.

Saying that, it is not fair to 11 other managers that have to wait during a draft because someone a) will not set enough proxies b) will not check in a few times per day. I understand everyone does not have availability during work hours. I understand that we all have lives outside of strat. I also understand that you are definitely one of the best players of this game. I would simply ask that you give some thought and respect to your fellow stratorians.
JAYDINGESS1

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:35 am

1) Jack- your 10 hour might have been over the weekend not sure it counted.
2) This list was not meant to punish merely to inform. It is not terrible to take a lot of time picking, people just need to know what to expect. Many people want to get it done now, today (sometimes I am one of those)- but mostly, they would be fine if they knew you usually take bit to pick. So I kind of disagree with J-Pav. I would say it is up to the people joining the league to know some people are slow and plan accordingly. The 3-4 hours limits are there, and can be used. Of course, if you can, and if you feel comfortable, it is better to go faster.
Detroit-Tigers

Postby J-Pav » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:26 am

[b:3bb771cee9]DT[/b:3bb771cee9]:

What did I say that you disagree with??

I thought I was pretty patient with this draft in particular, despite the fact that it was the s l o w e s t draft outside of my one auction league this year.

I'm one of those people who sees no reason why a live draft can't be done in a day or two. But with you in Cambodia and others traveling for business (I also had two three-day road trips during the draft), I saw no reason to hold people to a strict clock. I was really disappointed we couldn't get it done by last Friday, but things happen and sometimes it can't be helped.

Along the way, a few proxies would have really moved things along through the turns, but here we are, so I guess it's time to focus on this Monday.

GL to all,

(even the slow draft guys!)
J-Pav

Postby Chuckul » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:52 am

:oops: I have never seen so many lefties in a division! WTF?! Ortiz is done.
Chuckul

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:10 pm

Ortiz still has close to 40 TB chances even against LH Pitching ... not to mention he has 8 BP HR chances both ways - I'm seriously considering a way to add him to my team ... hmmm.
ArrylT

Postby hendrix08 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Trade Drew for him!
hendrix08

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:01 am

So the season has started!

Vote for Pedro looks like an eary favourite (who the heck dropped Kendal?)

Roustabouts just seems lucky (how the heck are they going to win with 9M+ wasted on Beltran?)

WHo's the guy who usually does all the commentary?
Detroit-Tigers

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship