Woo hoo - my first World Series title!!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Woo hoo - my first World Series title!!

Postby teepack » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:44 am

It only took me until the seventh leg of the Tour, but I got my first credit two nights ago, winning a hard-fought playoff series against Sykes in five games! Now I have the unenviable task of taking on Kaviksdad's SnowDogs, the most dominant team on the Tour this year (99 regular season wins, a record) for the World Series. We split the first two games last night.
Last edited by teepack on Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
teepack

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:15 am

Congrats on your first credit - I'm hoping to make it a 'solo shot' this time around :P

Held back Ben Sheets for a possible game 7 matchup. So we're tied at a game apiece, and I have Sheets available for games 3 & 7. I haven't tried this in 2005, but it worked for me well in 2004. If I don't at least split on the road tonight -- I'm probably toast and it will all be due to "managerial incompetence." :?
kaviksdad

Postby teepack » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:37 am

Yea, I wondered where Sheets went. If it gets to Game 7, I'll have my ace, Peavy, going as well. I'm just hoping my offense can resurrect itself. Halfway through this season, my record was as good as yours and my offense ranked in the top 3. Then it just stopped and I wound up around sixth. Seven games in the playoffs, and I've only scored more than four runs in a game once! Yet somehow, I won my playoff series and am tied 1-1 with you after two games. Where's Joe Bull when you need him?
teepack

Postby teepack » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:15 pm

Do we have any idea if TSN will continue their practice of allowing you to use one credit for next year's release? Actually, I guess I should say 'this year's release' now, shouldn't I? Any speculation on when the 2006 game will be ready?
teepack

Postby teepack » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:37 am

After pulling a Cubs'-like collapse in Game 5 (up 2-0 with two outs in the eighth when Brad Lidge serves up a three-run bomb to Gary Sheffield), my team somehow won Game 6 last night 6-4 to claim my first World Series title for 2005! I beat the most dominant team in the Tour (Kaviksdad's club that won a Tour-high 99 games) for the title! So now I've got two credits to burn! I'm going to save one for 2006 and look for some chumps to play one last 2005 team.
teepack

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:40 am

Congratulations to Teepack for a well-earned title in League 3, beating the likes of Luckyman, Woods, J-Pav, Pisano and the rest of us.

Not sure if the finals league would all that much tougher than this bunch. Even with "Captain Autoleaguer" in it... :P
kaviksdad

Return to --- Player's Championship