Tour poll #4- Do the rules need to be rewritten for clarity?

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Tour poll #4- Do the rules need to be rewritten for clarity?

Total votes : 0

Postby Coffeeholic » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:08 pm

[quote:07f249ee29="Play By The Rules"]
PS Coffee, I have "made up" with the parties involved, we have "agreed to disagree" and I decided I would stop playing until the end of this current Tour year and address the situation at this time.[/quote:07f249ee29]

Glad to hear this PBTR, and hope that you'll be able to find a satisfactory conclusion. 8)

If this truely is going to be a measuring stick of strat prowess, we need you onboard!

I didn't read the entire thread as it was rather lengthy, but I wasn't looking to find who was to blame anyway. It really kind of appears that things just spiraled out of control.

Tell ya what, why don't you, Penn and Sandlot come on over to my house and we'll hash it out over a beer or two? :D
Coffeeholic

Postby Play By The Rules » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:12 pm

Coffee I doubt we'll ever come to a conclusion satisfactory to all of us, just as this issue is very complex and has totally valid points on both sides.

And thanks for the nice comment about my Strat skills, even though you always seem to find a way to beat me... :roll:
Play By The Rules

Postby Coffeeholic » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:39 am

Sure I do! :lol:
Coffeeholic

Postby cristano11 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:38 am

[quote:9088e03b24]This Tour is supposed to be the be all and end all of Strat, right? Not Spring Training. At least the Tour and Vet Leagues that many tout as so important a representation of one's Strat skills. Many on this Tour have knocked a great manager like Cristano as a "autoleague wonder." Well truth is, he kicked most of your butts. [/quote:9088e03b24]

PBTR-
I realize you want to rewrite the tour rules for clarity, but I found a mistake in the above posting. It should read...

[quote:9088e03b24]This Tour is supposed to be the be all and end all of Strat, right? Not Spring Training. At least the Tour and Vet Leagues that many tout as so important a representation of one's Strat skills. Many on this Tour have knocked a great manager like Cristano as a "autoleague wonder." Well truth is, he kicked [b:9088e03b24]ALL[/b:9088e03b24] of your butts. [/quote:9088e03b24]

On a serious note, if PBTR wants to spend the time to rewrite the tour rules with zero input, I don't see what the community has to lose. It only would improve the tour.
cristano11

Postby DOUGGRAY » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:05 am

I created the tour for great and fun competition, yes serious but still fun and excitement has to be involved. It was organized to simply get everyone in the community involved in organized leagues of different themes and parameters.

Mistakes will always happen and until this becomes "professional" type stuff with real money involved we will always accomodate rookie mistakes.

Rules dont need to be re-written because they are 99% accurate. Yes we do need to add to them to help those out that dont know the themes but in the end if you want to make the precise and rigid you will take away the spirit of community, fun and most likely good natured sportsmanship.

If they are rigid and dont have any room for people that make small mistakes that should have NO impact on playing the actual game you can simply count me and everything I have done out of it completely because its simply the path I do not want to be involved with. Sorry but we have more important things in life then penalizing people for simple mistakes.

PBTR, this is nothing against you. You want to do everything go ahead, you will find that you will miss something still in the end and the tour board will make a decision. In the end you will have done lots of work for little except make yourself feel better. I have run too many tournaments, been chairman of fantasy and real life stuff for too many years. Currently Im the Tournament Director of my golf association at my country club and trust me, you can write a thousand and one rules but it still doesnt solve everything. You complained this year, someone else will complain next year and so on. Its never ending for those who run things.

May I suggest you run the tour next year so that you can be part of all the decisions and understand what really happens.

btw, head to head I have beaten Cristano more times then he has beaten me :D :D
DOUGGRAY

In the interest of clarity...

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:44 am

[quote:0626010973]This Tour is supposed to be the be all and end all of Strat, right? Not Spring Training. At least the Tour and Vet Leagues that many tout as so important a representation of one's Strat skills. Many on this Tour have knocked a great manager like Cristano as a "autoleague wonder." Well truth is, he kicked [b:0626010973]ALL[/b:0626010973] of your butts. [/quote:0626010973]

should read:

This Tour is supposed to be the be all and end all of Strat, right? Not Spring Training. At least the Tour and Vet Leagues that many tout as so important a representation of one's Strat skills. Many on this Tour have knocked a great manager like Cristano as a "autoleague wonder." Well truth is, he kicked [b:0626010973]SOME[/b:0626010973] of your butts.

...just trying to be "fair and balanced" :P
kaviksdad

Postby Play By The Rules » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:13 pm

[quote:e068e7ab81]I created the tour [/quote:e068e7ab81]

Terrific, but you are nothing more than the rest of us, another voice (ONE) in the community.

And it's just the kind of defensive reply from you I've been expecting. 99% is nowhere near an accurate number. Not what I've seen, even as an outsider.

The vote so far is showing that the community prefers the status quo. That's cool.

Have fun.
Play By The Rules

Postby teepack » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:29 pm

I have to agree with Penngray on this. I for one do not want to legislate this thing to death. If we take that tact, then every time that two managers have a disagreement, they're going to come running to the board and asking for a ruling. And believe me, it will happen a lot. This Tour depends on the spirit of fair play and camaraderie. We ask participants to abide by the spirit of the rules and not the letter. Perhaps what we should do is come up with a mission statement that better defines what the Tour is all about. Then, managers will have a better understanding of how it operates and won't get as perturbed if something comes up they don't like.
teepack

Postby Play By The Rules » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:10 am

[quote:a51036b06c]If we take that tact, then every time that two managers have a disagreement, they're going to come running to the board and asking for a ruling. [/quote:a51036b06c]

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Anyways, you will do with your Tour the way you want.

I'm OK with that.

Have a good time.
Play By The Rules

Postby james » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:05 pm

Quote:
This Tour is supposed to be the be all and end all of Strat, right? Not Spring Training. At least the Tour and Vet Leagues that many tout as so important a representation of one's Strat skills. Many on this Tour have knocked a great manager like Cristano as a "autoleague wonder." Well truth is, he kicked ALL of your butts.

should read:

This Tour is supposed to be the be all and end all of Strat, right? Not Spring Training. At least the Tour and Vet Leagues that many tout as so important a representation of one's Strat skills. Many on this Tour have knocked a great manager like Cristano as a "autoleague wonder." Well truth is, [b:cb72be8667] the jury is still out [/b:cb72be8667] to see if he can kick [b:cb72be8667]MOST[/b:cb72be8667] of your butts.
james

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship