2008 Tour Top 75 - Final

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby dadnsam » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:50 am

Actually it looks like most of the teams from event 5 league 3 that the scores are slightly off. I think the wins from the last night were not added in.

For what it's worth - I think your estimate of 90 to get in to the top 36 is about right. That is where the cutoff would have been last year had the top 36 advanced.
dadnsam

Fixed

Postby mesquiton » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Event 5 League 3 scores have been fixed, standings should now be correct, but please don't hesitate to post if anybody sees more errors. Thanks for paying attention! :D

My best guess is a couple of managers might even sneak into the Top 36 with averages a hair below 90. I think a 95 would likely put you in the top 20.
mesquiton

Postby JEFFFESPERMAN » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:21 am

I believe that we need the upper limit on pitchers innings and that 200 IP is too many, but there should be a league option that could be activated to insure that HAL benches anyone who reaches the cap. In my limited tourney play, I have had only one pitcher who was on a pace to hit 200 and I released him after 128 games just to play it safe.
JEFFFESPERMAN

I Regretfully Withdraw

Postby TomSiebert » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:52 am

Tournament participants:

I regretfully withdraw from the Player's Championship. Please remove me from the list of contenders, where I currently sit in a tie for the 9th place seed.

I totally zoned in the Round 5 - All NL Players league, and, at the trading deadline, dropped two key NL Players and picked up three AL players. It was an honest but unforgivable mistake.

I've done what I can to fix it as best as possible. The pair of staring pitchers I picked up, Halladay and Weaver, have been pulled from the rotation. Barring injury to one of my five remaining starters, they will not pitch another inninng. My rotation is now Johnson, Hill, Myers, Perez, Petit.

In CF, I dropped Andruw Jones for Tike Redman. Redman has been pulled completely from the lineup card, replaced by supersub Marlon Anderson, and has every "Avoid" on his card that is possible checked. I hope he sees no action. If Marlon Anderson gets hurt, Corey Hart plays center.

I am disgusted with myself for compromising the integrity of the game and league. I was not thinking. I apologize to all players in the tournament, most specifically to the 11 other players in the NL-Only league, and particularly to the Mudcats, who I swept last night with an illegal team.

Thanks for the fun times this year, and I will see everyone next season.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby DHowser » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:08 pm

I am in the NL only league with Tom, and I really hope that we can come up with a solution where Tom can stay in the tournament. I'm chasing Tom for the wild card and am in 27th place overall, but I'm sure we can come up with a solution that will keep Tom in this thing. I've been in many leagues with Tom and he's always been a very honest and a very good manager. There must be some way of resolving this.
DHowser

Postby mesquiton » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:13 pm

:(

From a quick reading of the posted rules, looks like this issue is not addressed directly, so would be a call for the Commish, if Tom wants to appeal to Teepack. The rules do provide for a 10-event-point penalty for reliever over-use, and a 25-Tour-point penalty for picking an illegal stadium. How do those situations compare with this?

A 25-Tour-point penalty would likely eliminate Tom from the semifinal round anyway, but a lesser penalty might not. Unfortunately, with only 5 events played, can't drop a penalized score. Anyhow, TS, I'll go ahead and delete you from the standings as requested, but more than happy to plug you back in if things change.

Am also assuming all Tour leagues are now underway or complete, too late for any new ones to start, consistent with Teepack's comments in one of the signup threads a while back. So, also deleting several other managers who will be unable to complete 5 events...most notably Terry101, last year's point leader and currently in the top 10, but not in an Event 5 or 6 league.
mesquiton

UPDATE

Postby TomSiebert » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:18 pm

First, I appreciate all the support I've received from the community following my embarrassed anguish over my stupid mistake. I try my best to play fair and be honest and follow the rules, but I also like to think that I'm a reasonably smart guy, and to make such a STUPID MISTAKE galls me.

That said, as a guy who follows the rules, I'll note that Teepak, the honorable Tournament Commissioner was consulted on my error in the League 5 NL-Only league and decreed that:

1- The drops of NL players for AL players would be reversed
2- My team would forfeit its three game sweep of the Mudcats

That would be the extent of my penalty, but the forfeits will be the difference between my team making the League 5 playoffs and missing them. So be it, and I will gladly and gratefully stand by that ruling.

So, with that in mind, I would respectfully ask to rescind my withdrawl from the Player's Championship. I would like to compete to the (bitter?) end and have some more fun (if I earn it).

Thank you.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby DHowser » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:58 pm

that's great to hear Tom. I really think you've earned the right to compete in the championship round. (unless of course I finish in 37th place .... kidding of course). We all make mistakes and I would say the ruling is a fair one.
DHowser

Postby mesquiton » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Cool, Tom. 8-)

Will plug you back into the standings when I update after tonight's league-ending games. Welcome back!
mesquiton

ps:

Postby mesquiton » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:21 pm

Hey Tom (or Teepack), are the forfeited games reflected in your TSN league standings, or do I need to adjust (subract 3 wins from you and add to Dalinoth) for the tour standings?
mesquiton

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship