Event 5, League 1 - NL Only live draft

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:45 am

hmm waiting on bthnybchbm. now why do i get the feeling of having been here before. :roll:
LANCEBOUSLEY

Postby LongIsland4Ever » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:46 am

Bad week. Things other than strat occupying my mind - can someone say stock market?

Many clients going bankrupt and friends losing jobs. I will have my team in today so league goes off this week.

BBB
LongIsland4Ever

Postby uncle ny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:00 am

[quote:8cd7098927="BthnyBchBum"]Bad week. Things other than strat occupying my mind - can someone say stock market?

Many clients going bankrupt and friends losing jobs. I will have my team in today so league goes off this week.

BBB[/quote:8cd7098927]

I hope I don't offend but most working people in America had a bad week. Most are poorer than we were last week. Most of us are in businesses that are not doing as well as we'd like due to the economy. And I suspect most of us have friends who are more directly affected by what's now going on in the financial markets.

It takes 15 minutes to pick 8 scrubs. And due to the delay last week everybody had lots of time to contemplate or even draft 24/25 players by last Friday.

It seems that almost every league I'm in there's a team in the west that holds us all up for days and never has "death in the family" been the reason. Waiver wire is now Saturday. I'm away this weekend and will likely not get to a computer until Sunday night. On a weekday, we all for the most part have computer access.

It's annoying. Strat is just a game and I don't spend my kids' college savings on it or run computer programs to pick my teams. But I like to start with an even playing field, particularly in tournament play.

Thanks for letting me vet. Good luck to all.
uncle ny

Postby tplatypi » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 am

Sorry about those having bad weeks. You are not alone!

But I don't think I will have computer access for the next 2 weeks, so since the league didn't get filled last night I will play the first 1/3 of the season without even seeing my team, without waivers, with Hal setting my lineup and my manager preferences set to Default. It is a complete waste of $25. On the other hand, maybe Hal will prove to be a better manager than me.
tplatypi

Postby errormagnate » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:55 pm

excuses heard and not accepted -there is not one of us who does not have some struggle but to continually put 11 other people in inconvenience demonstrates far more than a 'bad week'. Sorry but I hope you get your team in quickly and hope not to be in other live drafts with you again.
errormagnate

Postby LongIsland4Ever » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Team is in. I certainly didn't hold things up to create an unfair advantage for me or a disadvantage for others. I didn't mean to appear as selfish or to imply that I was the only one having a bad week.

I have had a terrible week trying to help hundreds of clients who lost their jobs and lost their shirts. Strat did take a back seat - I appreciate your understanding and apologize for the inconvenience.

I know I will be even more sensitive to others when they hold me up in drafts, etc. in the future.

Thanks for your understanding,
BBB
LongIsland4Ever

Postby errormagnate » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:30 pm

Glad you made it in. The rest is crap. Now lets play.
errormagnate

Postby Paul5757 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:39 pm

When I created the league, there didn't appear to be a way to limit the player pool to NL only players.

If someone's not around for waivers, won't they wind up with AL players on their roster?

Should we delay the start date of the league?
Paul5757

Postby Pan Mark » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:01 am

I guess so. I've got some AL players on my rosters. I'll just release them and place claims on NL players only. Is that what everyone else is doing?
Pan Mark

Postby errormagnate » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:19 am

yes, that is what to do also after waivers you have time ( if you have access) to set your rosters before play starts 10 PM EST on Monday .

Most people should be able to do that but it sounds like tplatpypi may be screwed on this because of the incredible wait we all had and now he has no access -he'll just have to adjust his team to a legal team when he can.
errormagnate

Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship