Event 3, League 4 - Sign-up Thread (Live Draft)

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby albert2b » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:20 am

First of all, I am in.

Second, Jeep, I think you need to exercise a little more patience. This league isn't starting until NEXT Monday anyway, so whether I get in yesterday or today, it wouldn't make much difference. And I did state that last night was the EARLIEST I could get in. I realize this thing has taken longer than usual to fill, but this past weekend was July 4th weekend, the busiest weekend of the year. I had family obligations and I simply was not available [b:0eed88e19d]AT ALL[/b:0eed88e19d]yesterday.

I pretty much proxy picked the entire draft and did not hold it up once. To suggest I be moved to the West just because I was unavailable on the Sunday of July 4th weekend is unfair to me and to my division mates (I think that includes you too), who drafted our respective teams based on the ballparks/players within the division.

I think everyone needs to relax a little. This league is now halfway full and all we have to do is get 6 teams in by Friday.
albert2b

Postby Jeepdriver » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 am

Albert, I'm aware I wasn't going to be popular with the person holding up the process. IMHO,however, just a few more minutes is all it would take to load since we live drafted most of our squads.

I'm OOT beginning Thu. so it does matter (to me anyway) that we finish loading today as not being present at waivers for a Tour League can be a big disadvantage.

I'm not saying load the league just because I'm away Thu. OTOH, it shouldn't take several days simply to load teams.
Jeepdriver

Postby Jeepdriver » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:43 am

The Central can now re-commence loading. 8-)
Jeepdriver

Postby mesquiton » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Hey Jeep, have you PM'd the remaining managers? If not, might help get us loaded today...I know Sykes (in Central) recently requested he be PM'd when needed in another Tour league thread....
mesquiton

Postby albert2b » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 pm

[quote:c2850f8ce3="Jeepdriver"]Albert, I'm aware I wasn't going to be popular with the person holding up the process. IMHO,however, just a few more minutes is all it would take to load since we live drafted most of our squads.

I'm OOT beginning Thu. so it does matter (to me anyway) that we finish loading today as not being present at waivers for a Tour League can be a big disadvantage.

I'm not saying load the league just because I'm away Thu. OTOH, it shouldn't take several days simply to load teams.[/quote:c2850f8ce3]

Jeep, your reason for wanting to speed up the draft is basically the same as mine for not loading yesterday. I just about proxied my entire live draft and somehow ended up with $70 mil spent on my first 11 players! Thus, even if I had been in front of a computer yesterday, I wouldn't want to rush and load my team. If I made an error or miscalculatation, then it would put [b:c2850f8ce3]ME[/b:c2850f8ce3] at a big disadvantage.

I agree it shouldn't take several days to load (and I didn't, BTW). But I disagree with your notion that it takes "a few minutes" to load a team after a live draft. We live drafted only 15 players. That leaves 10 more players (or 40% of our team) to be drafted. To me, that's too significant a percentage to just throw into the wind and let the AD sort out. Add in the fact that we need to double check the live draft site to make sure that the players we want weren't already live drafted by someone else. I think that's AT LEAST a half an hour right there. And that's a block of time that I just didn't have yesterday. The truth is that, after a LONG day, I tried to load my team around 1am EST last night but my internet was extremely slow for some reason....so I said screw it and put it off until the morning.

Anyway, I realize now why you want to load in such a hurry. I don't recall you mentioning previously that you were going out of town, but now that I know, I can certainly respect that.
albert2b

Postby Jeepdriver » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Albert all is cool with me and I understand your side. I rarely go anywhere, but do have this trip planned for Thu and it's frustrating that it's taking so long to load. I thought beginning Sat it would have filled up way before now.

I have PM'd JJ and Sykes. It's not looking good though, we still have the West in addition to the 2 Central guys.

BTW, my trip Thu. will be my 1st visit to Niagara Falls. Really looking forward to it. I also have tickets to see Thursday's Jays/O's game in Toronto and Friday's Indians/Rays game in Cleveland. :D
Jeepdriver

Postby mesquiton » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Just [b:90df239dee]Sykes[/b:90df239dee] to go in the Central....
mesquiton

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:53 pm

[quote:ca7f7da7e8="Jeepdriver"]Albert all is cool with me and I understand your side. I rarely go anywhere, but do have this trip planned for Thu and it's frustrating that it's taking so long to load. I thought beginning Sat it would have filled up way before now.

I have PM'd JJ and Sykes. It's not looking good though, we still have the West in addition to the 2 Central guys.

BTW, my trip Thu. will be my 1st visit to Niagara Falls. Really looking forward to it. I also have tickets to see Thursday's Jays/O's game in Toronto and Friday's Indians/Rays game in Cleveland. :D[/quote:ca7f7da7e8]

Hey Jeep check pms- didn't know if you realized I live in Toronto, and I am dying to see Jim Johnson pitch (we are from the same hometown).
Detroit-Tigers

Postby Sykes25 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:56 pm

I will be loaded shortly.

Yes, I did ask to be PM'd. I am on vacation this week at my shore house. Had internet problems all day with my new router installation, plus it is my wife's birthday. NOT the greatest day to push her aside to fix my internet before feeding my son etc. :wink:
Sykes25

Postby Sykes25 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:04 pm

West managers all should have a PM letting them know to load away as I am now in.

3 hours to get 4 guys in is possible.
Last edited by Sykes25 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sykes25

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship