SOM PLAYERS TOUR LEADERS (Thru Event 7, Leagues 1-3)

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:33 am

I guess that when everyone "avoids" you, you're reduced to playing the lesser skilled amongst us...so naturally you're overall record would be inflated :P
kaviksdad

Postby uncle ny » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:54 pm

>does anyone even see the gap between me and #2?< - cristano1

It would appear that cristano1 and woods are borne of the same mommy. Scary that two of them could exist in the small world of SOM online.
uncle ny

Postby cristano11 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:40 am

bigmahon should clinch tonite (if he already hasnt via tiebreak) and the final 12 should be set...
cristano11

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:36 pm

that was a good one, bigmahon!!!

As I repeatedly said, I-like many owners-played to get into the top 12, not to be the normal season leader. I didn't use the same recipe over and over like Cristano did (loads of lefty SPs--including H.Ramirez--2-3 top relievers--preferably including Wagner--offense characterized by very good on-base, loaded of lefty/switch bats (Varitek-Posada, Cora-Kennedy, Berkman-Drew), complemented by good platoon (Bagwell/Thomas-Giambi, Mohr-Boccachica).

Cristano wants to be the next Ottawa Senators, let him be it. I prefer to be the next NewJersey devils.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:40 pm

Obviously, it's a recipe that works. For this, congrats to cristano.

I just hope that other owners take note and don't let him go as easily with his skewed team than in the past.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby bigmahon » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:15 pm

[quote:d306fb475e]that was a good one, bigmahon!!! [/quote:d306fb475e]

What did I say? :o :)
bigmahon

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:16 pm

Sorry, I meant to tip hat to kaviksdad. :D
MARCPELLETIER

Postby cristano11 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:57 am

hah u can tell marcus wilby is a bit scared of me when he posts a lot of players i use to alert managers not to let me have them...
truth is, i prefer certain players...such as posada...but, im sitting here with what i call "the bible"...
it is a list of everyone at every position, i enter all 12 teams into the analyzer, and it tells me who best fits on my team...
for every posada, there are 3-4 others that fit just as well, sometimes even better situationally...
everyone knows my favourites at every position, and i know all of your favourites at every position...
i could skip the first 2 rounds of the live draft and finish with best record...my analysis is just that complete...
go ahead, u can name 25 players u dont want me to use in the tour finals...i wont use a single one of them...and the best part is, IT WONT EVEN MATTER...
the way strat works is that u have to take a relativity hit at 2 positions out of 9...so, i can choose what 2 positions those are, and then overcompensate at the other 7 positions...
marcus wilby, u say u "didnt even try" throughout the season...tried joke teams just to see how they do...yet, when i look back, u micromanaged ur teams on a daily basis, while i set my lineups once, before season start, and did not touch them at all otherwise...usually not even setting rotation for playoffs...
do u have any idea how badly im going to kick ur a** when i actually pay attention in the tour finals...if i were u, id walk away right now... god help u if u draw my division...
cristano11

Postby kaviksdad » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:35 pm

That's it! I quit! Why bother playing when I know I'm going to get my ass kicked. I don't need this abuse - I have people waiting in line to abuse me as it is. I surrender. Don't hurt me no more. :lol:

Hey, wait a minute...I think I own your ass. Let me check...

Well, maybe not "own," but I've done some extensive "renting." :P
kaviksdad

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:13 pm

I have the ultimate proof that I didn't play to get the maximum of points

I drafted Beltre.

'nuff said.

(challenge to cristano: go on and pick up Beltre with your first pick, and then we'll see how "great" you'll turn out to be...)
MARCPELLETIER

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship