SOM Players Tour Leaders (Incl Event 5, Leagues 1-5)

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby ERICTAYLOR 2 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:14 pm

Already has his excuses for losing a league he hasn't even entered! Beautiful!
ERICTAYLOR 2

Postby cristano11 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:24 pm

hey im strictly an autoleaguer, i have to get my excuses ready early
cristano11

Postby james » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:13 am

who is that masked man? :P

Can I request to be in the division with

cristano1 and UncleNY

and it would certainly improve my chances at repeating if AP were to make the final 12 and grace my division wih his presence!! lol!
james

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:04 am

[quote:9eb86d563d]

actually all that matters to me is being #1 in the overall tour rankings
once u make the top 12, its just a one league crapshoot anyway
[/quote:9eb86d563d]

I am sorry, but this is wrong. If that were the REAL goal, I would have played differently. WAY differently. Just to pick up one example: there are winningest stadiums that I left open just to have them available in the last round.

The rules were: WINNER in the last season takes it all. You should comply to this rule. Had the rule been the one you just dictate, I would have done the same than you did: go with one strategy all the way in the five easiest seasons.

Actually, the same than you did with one exception: I wouldn't have let a fresh Schilling on the bench in the ultimate game during the semi-finals to start some crappy lefty---especially not against a team that had Mauer injured and was left with Oliva facing rhp.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/playoffs/scores.html?group_id=3442

What did you prefer: Perez' line: 3 IP 5 ER, or the game 5 summary: "The big moment was provided by Miguel Olivo who silenced SAFECO Field as he doubled plating two runs."?

Well, for you, I guess "its just a one game crapshoot anyway".

:roll:
MARCPELLETIER

Postby cirills » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:36 am

Ouch!!! :o

Tell 'em Lucky!!! :twisted:
cirills

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:53 am

:wink: :P
MARCPELLETIER

Postby Play By The Rules » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:30 pm

Wow, this season certainly has shown that the "autoleaguers" can more than hold their own against the "Tour only" players.

Very interesting. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Play By The Rules

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:15 am

[quote:b35f4c2569]
Wow, this season certainly has shown that the "autoleaguers" can more than hold their own against the "Tour only" players.

[/quote:b35f4c2569]

I don't see the point. We're all auto-leaguers. Ich bin ein Auto-leaguer. Auto-leagues are where we all started.

The point I and penngray and others have raised is that it's more difficult to maintain a high winning pct when you play with tour members than when you play in auto-leaguers. And this has been more than ever proven this year.

When cristano was playing .600 in auto-leagues last year, it was proof already that he was a heck of a player. But what we pointed out is that his winning pct would be lower when he'd be facing tour players. And indeed he has dropped to .550 playing time. Just like me. My autoleague pct, last time I checked, was around .620. My vet-pct is around .550.

As we speak, looking at the controversial 2005 ranking, now that cristano, riggo and myself are playing in vet leagues and are maintaing winning pct in the .540-.550 zone, the new leaders in this category are now players like jbwt, gkhdilla, gthomas, and our good friend the biomechanical man (who are all, as far as I know, playing in autoleagues), who are all playing over .575++. Does that mean they are .40-.50 better than us??

The watermill wheel turns forever, though was is uppermost remains not so.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby Play By The Rules » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:02 am

Your point is moot, IMO. Most autoleagues, especially in ATG, are replete with "tour" players.

But if you want to feel you're better than others that's your right as an American (or Canadian.)
Play By The Rules

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:14 pm

Thanks for judging my intentions. Truely appreciate. :roll:
MARCPELLETIER

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship