AWOL Managers - A cancer for the tour!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

How can we address managers who refuse to checkin or make proxies?

Total votes : 0

Re: NO COMMENT?!

Postby uncle ny » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:05 pm

[quote:f324f89c7f="MonsterT"]I sent PM to TEEPACK and the site administrators directing them to this thread. I guess they decided not to comment or didn't read the thread! It's too bad, they should be aware of how the community feels about this situation.[/quote:f324f89c7f]

Teepack is AWOL in my current Event 7 draft, along with Mr. Alou, who it seems is perpetually AWOL.
uncle ny

I hear you

Postby teepack » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:26 am

Hey guys,

I would have responded to this thread sooner, but I don't remember seeing the original PM about it. I'm sure I did, but I just don't remember it.

I hear you about your frustrations. After going through a painstaking live draft for Round 7, there is at least one manager who is going to be on my barred list next year!

A big part of the problem for the live drafts is that TSN does not have its own live drafting software. The site we have now is great, however, and if everyone is committed, you can do a draft quickly. The only problem with it is that the proxies don't kick in automatically when it is time to skip somebody. If we could fix that, we'd be in great shape.

I don't consider a week a long time for a live draft to finish. But three weeks, like the one I just went through, is a pain in the arse!

The unfortunate thing about a live draft is that you don't know who is going to be the problem until the draft starts. And then once you're about 4 rounds in and somebody is showing that they are going to be a pain, you can't really replace them without starting over, and that's an even bigger pain!

What we really have to do is set expectations and penalties. One of the big reasons I pushed to have the draft clock reduced from 4 hours to 2 hours a few years ago was to speed things up. Maybe we should even look at reducing it to 1 hour next year. And then if somebody is continually late, they start getting penalized Tour points - 2 points for each pick that they are late on, something like that.

That way, we'll be able to get a record of who is a habitual offender.

Enjoy your holidays, everybody!
teepack

Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship