champions league is bs

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby teepack » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:39 am

I still remember watching that '73 Series with the Mets and the Pete Rose/Bud Harrelson fight. Then I remember the Reds took the field the next inning, and the Mets fans showered the field with debris and Sparky Anderson pulled his team off the field until they got it cleaned up and then they ordered the fans to stop throwing stuff on the field. Typical classless New York fans!

Ah, the memories, unpleasant though they may be.
teepack

Postby cummings2 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:39 am

...please add [i:56c79a01d7][b:56c79a01d7]coffeeholic[/b:56c79a01d7][/i:56c79a01d7] to the aforementioned list of big time managers :D
cummings2

Postby Coffeeholic » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:09 am

Geez C2, how unexpected! How did you ever think to add me to your list?

:lol: 8-) :lol: 8-) :wink: :oops:
Coffeeholic

you can't spell Cristano without T.O.

Postby SteadyEddie33 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:11 pm

:wink:

I vaguely remember playing against Cristano in my first go-round and tour on here years ago. Don't remember being 'scurred' of him like I was of a few on that C2 list, and some others (is Penngray still around somewhere btw?) lol, but he was solid.

Seems though, that my man is throwing down a gauntlet... a little locker room rousing to stoke the flames. Being that he's such a dominant force, I can understand the need to make things more interesting! :lol:
SteadyEddie33

Postby cristano11 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:37 am

how can u not be scared of me? thats the most ignorant comment ive ever heard... there were two tours to play in this year... i have the best winning percentage in the 2007 tour and 2nd best in atg3... it is impossible to do better than that... also, juma had a lucky year atop atg3... also, its impossible to fathom anyone coming close to doing as good as i have... C2 made a nice list, IF this was three years ago... some of the managers listed on his list were great managers in 2003, but since the addition of new competition etc have become nothing more than mediocre... i remember back in 2003 when penngray called me out for being strictly an autoleaguer... i thought penngray was one of the best managers ever... and he was... then he fell hard in 2004... and subsequently retired... i remember back in the day in 2004 when me and my bro spicki would join a league with riggio... we used to email back and forth all day at work saying what an amazing manager he was... and he sure was, he was the sh1t back in the day... then he fell hard too... these days, when i see riggio and his 510 winning percentage in a league, i do nothing more than yawn...
and about the 73 reds losing to the mets... whats your point? 2 years ago we saw a p1ss poor team (the cards) win the world series... they were by far the weakest team ive ever seen win a world series... granted i wasnt even born in 73... what does that say? that short playoffs are luck... if we played the champions league 1000 times, id BY FAR win it the most... and the sick part is, it wouldnt even be close...

if i made a list, the best managers go:
-cristano1
-spicki
-tycobb
-uncleny
-luckyman (if his girl didnt make him retire)
-pbtr
and thats it...
Last edited by cristano11 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
cristano11

Postby djmacb » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:52 am

Pardon the interruption from an ATG man, but I just have to say that you guys are great over here! No one talks trash like this on the ATG threads - its not allowed :roll:

Just to set the record straight - cristano did not make our Champions round, but he did come damn close.
djmacb

Postby keyzick » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:30 am

I didn't see mention of PBTR by Cristano...he certainly merits a nod with all his success.

FWIW, I'm always impressed by the managers who can keep a .530 or better winning pct even after using a significant number of teams (10 or more I guess).

Of course, I've somehow been lucky enough to win with 4 of my 7 Tour teams, despite a lack of astounding team records.

In 07 - I've won championships with 85 win wildcard teams, and lost in the semi's with 100 win, wire-to-wire teams. I take a helluva lot more satisfaction in winning championships, than those 100 win teams that flop in the postseason.

Point being, different people take different satisfaction in different things...

The best teams don't always win. If they did, I probably wouldn't have any championships!
keyzick

Postby KEVINEHLE » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:42 am

[quote:366fd952a8="Cummings2"]...please add [i:366fd952a8][b:366fd952a8]coffeeholic[/b:366fd952a8][/i:366fd952a8] to the aforementioned list of big time managers :D[/quote:366fd952a8]

Chuck.........that hurts. I know I haven't been around as much as I used to, but not to be included in the C2 top 20 managers is a crushing blow to me and my collection of make-believe on-line ballplayers. :cry: :wink:

Because of this snub, there will be some serious C2 punishing going on in the '08 campaign by Kev and his goon squad. :twisted:

I'm not Cristano (but who is?), but my 75 playoffs and 21 championships (most of which I backed into), should be taken seriously! I feel like Ron Santo of On Line SOM TSN baseball. I'm 16th in the '07 rankings....but I was just horsing around. '08 will be for serious. 8-)

Oh wait..........I just remembered..........I don't trashtalk. Never mind! Chuck, when are you back from Alaska? Remember, I've been gone a while so I lost track of all my old buddies.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby cristano11 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:10 am

youre right... im amending my list to include pbtr... even if he just plays in fluffy leagues, 558 is impressive no matter how u cut it...
cristano11

Postby spicki17 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:08 pm

thanks for the vote of acknowledge as among the best, bro, but apparently no one else agrees with that.

i do have to say that being left off the list of top managers was surprising to me as well. i made the last 2 tour finals for the 05 and 06 tour, and in both of them went to the playoffs. in addition, im in the atg barnstormers tour finals this year. thats 3 of 4 finals for the tours that i have played in. (also went to the loto finals the one year i played that, for what it counts)

i will recognize that 07 wasnt too good a year for me, it just never clicked and only playing like 10 teams total didnt help (6 of which were tour teams). still, i do play in like 90% vet leagues vs. like 10% autodraft so that has to count for something.

i dont know if munich man plays in the 0X games or just atg, but after multiple leagues of fighting with him, i would throw him out there as a top manager as well. and as i see uncle, jeep, and kaviksdad were already mentioned, that covers most of the top players i have played with recently.

...apparently around here we measure people for how much they post, not how they play.
spicki17

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship