2005 JaserD Tourney - Rnd2 / League #1

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby doctrcpa » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:19 pm

Robert - I hope that you didn't lose too much time due to your flat tire... :wink: Glad to see that you got in for at least 1 transaction in the post waiver frenzy. :D
doctrcpa

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:50 am

I had about 15 minutes on an express computer at the library. Since I got all my waiver picks and nobody dropped anyone i could really use during the 1st half hour, there really was no need to hang around while on the clock.

I took a big risk with Lidge - I seldom if ever take a big ticket RP. I tried to get Frod with my 2nd pick, in the draft, but I had chosen Furcal at SS, who I didn't get and Freel as my RF and leadoff hitter. Those 2 overperforming bargains at 4.86 for 2 starters was how I planned to afford FRod, wo I intended to carry the right side in the middle innings if my budget starting staff failed. Mahay was to carry the leftside.

But with Arod as my 1st pick at SS(It was either him, Tejada(Whose DP's would drive me insane with Bonds in front of him, or Vlad(same idea about the DP's.) and altho I have seen Arod just grossly overperform this year, I think having Barry in the lineup ahead of him either causes teams to pitch to Barry or pay the leftside price w/ Arod behind all that OBA.

So I went with ARod for the D and the speed so I could bat Huff behind him - who also hits into a lot of DP's. Tejada would have been my 3rd choice because Vlad hits the rightside better then the other 2, but I felt SS was far more impt. defensively.

So I am glad we got this thing off the ground instead of holding it up another week. My concern was Bonds. If you get him, it is almost like having 3 players. But if you lose out on a 16M Cap player, it is almost like losing out on 3 decent pix for players. That's why I think a lot of people don't take him 1st.

GL to all. SWP
ROBERTVOZZA

Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship