barnstormers event 1 team - MUADIB - BUSTED !!!!

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

barnstormers event 1 team - MUADIB - BUSTED !!!!

Postby cristano1 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:27 am

hey mudabi-

nice event 1 team... how did you come up with that team idea? looks very original... just wondering what your thoughts are behind designing that team... here is the team i am referring to, i really like the concept!!! http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=386521

here is my barnstormers finals team: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=378336

in hindsight, i was wondering if you had any suggestions as to how i could have changed my team to make it any better? i suppose i should be flattered, but, couldnt you at least have changed one or two 0.5 players so that it wasnt a direct copy?
cristano1

Re: barnstormers event 1 team - MUDABI - seriously?

Postby Muadib1950 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:35 pm

[quote:545caca4e4="weinberg"]hey mudabi-

nice event 1 team... how did you come up with that team idea? looks very original... just wondering what your thoughts are behind designing that team... here is the team i am referring to, i really like the concept!!! http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=386521

here is my barnstormers finals team: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=378336

in hindsight, i was wondering if you had any suggestions as to how i could have changed my team to make it any better? i suppose i should be flattered, but, couldnt you at least have changed one or two 0.5 players so that it wasnt a direct copy?[/quote:545caca4e4]

[b:545caca4e4]Sir Whineburg, or would that be Sir Fine Wine-berg:

Let it henceforth be said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Did I just make that up, too? Of course not!

Busted ... and duly confessed as indicated ... and indicted ... above!!

Actually, my Friend, I should have tipped you off that I was going to TRY for that Roster against the other 11 guys ... or at least that I had yesterday when I entered it as a candidate team.

Yesterday, I had a truly excellent Dunn team of mine from a recent serial League, which won a title, and I reviewed and printed your 2011 Finals team ... currently dominating that regular season ... and decided to try for yours.

But you can imagine my sheer SHOCK that I got all 14 or 15 of my top picks! I cannot believe the other 11 guys didn't peel off at least a few of the truly significant players.

Now let's see if I can come anywhere near your proven game and roster and season management skills and get this squad into the Playoffs ... "again" I guess I should say ... [/b:545caca4e4]

[color=blue:545caca4e4]~~,__o
~_-\\ < ,
(*)/ (*) ----------------->
[/color:545caca4e4]
[color=red:545caca4e4]Jon
aka Mudabiberg[/color:545caca4e4]
Last edited by Muadib1950 on Thu May 03, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Muadib1950

Postby cristano1 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:38 pm

it is unrealistic that you got both pedro and arky. even more unrealistic was in the finals, arky was drafted 1st round and then released. i got lucky to pick him up. also billy hamilton should be another 1st rounder. your team will have to go out of its way to not win 100 games. enjoy.
cristano1

Postby boyer14 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:12 am

I know I am missing something here - I know how Muadib got access to weinberg's team - links were posted by Moose to all 2011 Barnstormer leagues, including Finals. But how is weinberg able to see Muadib's first 2012 Barnstormers team if they are not in the same league and no leagues are yet posted on the Barnstormers home page?

I cannot figure out where to go to do this. What am I missing?? Is this one of those unwritten tricks of Strat or is there something more obvious. Please help a vet that obviously doesn't know it all.

(I want to see weinberg's first team of 2012!!)
boyer14

Postby cristano1 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:46 am

i have a program that downloads each team from every atg6 league created. i dont think this is easily accessible to all though.
cristano1

Postby Muadib1950 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:08 pm

[quote:1fc5fe684f="weinberg"]i have a program that downloads each team from every atg6 league created. i dont think this is easily accessible to all though.[/quote:1fc5fe684f]

Cool ...

When does this program activate a download to you ... as each team wish list is uploaded, or ONLY when the League "closes" with the entry of a 12th team?

Don't you have to get clearance from Bernie to tap his database like that?

Jon
Muadib1950

Postby cristano1 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:16 pm

no clearance needed. it is all public information. i do a daily check of all new leagues created. if you hold the cursor over the league link, it shows the league id. then i just write it down. im sure there is an easier way, but i am not a programmer.

then the program just saves the team roster pre and post waivers.
cristano1

Postby cristano1 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:19 pm

i used to have a real problem with the 201x sets. i dominated 201x beyond belief. so at the start of the new season, some managers would copy the players i targeted in event 1. because they knew those were the best players. so thats why i changed my name from cristano1 to weinberg. now the 201x sets are much better priced, so its not as much of an issue. same with atg6. still, i just monitor if anyone copies my team. i dont blame u though, i kill atg6 year in and year out. all someone has to do is rebuild my last year barnstormers teams and they would 110% finish top 9 this year.
cristano1

Postby cristano1 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:21 pm

thats what petro found out the hard way. he challenged me to that atg6 league. of course i was going to beat him. had he just copied one of my other teams, he would have had a 50/50 chance of beating me rather than a zero percent chance. of course, he wasnt that smart, and so i owned him. shocker.
cristano1

Postby JohnnyBlazers » Fri May 04, 2012 6:36 pm

[quote:7c86272108="weinberg"]it is unrealistic that you got both pedro and arky. even more unrealistic was in the finals, arky was drafted 1st round and then released. i got lucky to pick him up. also billy hamilton should be another 1st rounder. your team will have to go out of its way to not win 100 games. enjoy.[/quote:7c86272108]

I'm the fool the drafted Arky and released him - I was going with Mathews at third and all those errors with both Mathews and Arky's card (plus the 15 gamer) scared me away.
JohnnyBlazers

Next

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour