barnstormers event 1 team - MUADIB - BUSTED !!!!

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Postby cristano1 » Fri May 04, 2012 6:38 pm

jb-
i feel your pain. i initially drafted a righty speed team, and somehow ended up with a lefty power team.
cristano1

Postby nels52 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:31 pm

Whinebeg, get over yourself.

All it took was you having THE GREATEST OFFENSIVE SEASON in ATG history from the horribly immoral Arky Vaughan (yeah that SS is hitting .411 with 51 dingers), Pedro (nuff said), and you cheating by your own admission by making Murray lead your team in Innings and Wins.

Based on this, I'd say Pedro won you're guy's pi**ing contest.

Besides, if your teams were so great why would you use Slim Jones?? :roll:
nels52

Postby The Last Druid » Wed May 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Wonder if Jon will have better results than slime-master-batter himself with his team. Rumor has it these teams are guaranteed to choke when the money is on the line. Past history...
The Last Druid

Postby JohnnyBlazers » Fri May 25, 2012 11:09 am

Im in the same division as Muadib and I'm getting smoked by his team. :evil:
JohnnyBlazers

Postby caimrisek » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:41 pm

OK all you other 'vets' out there...is there something I'm missing here on consistently putting together a 'great' team?!? Weinberg you can chime in on this if you will...I've sent you a PM in the past asking the same question...but...you have failed to answer. I DON'T want to copy 'your' teams! I want to put together MY own teams...which is most of the fun and challenge of doing this anyway since we can't actually 'play' the games.

Diamond Dope helps me evaluate the cards and I try to put together players with criteria which I think would give my team the best chance of winning...better (comparable) NERP ratings, OBP, positive clutch ratings and low(er) GBA chances for hitters...NERP ratings, low(er) BB, OBP and high(er) K chances for pitchers...all based on who's available.

Those of you who are winning consistently must use some sort of strategy when putting together a draft list of players. I know there's probability involved...but...to 'hear' Weinberg brag how confident he is of winning...in either league(s)...makes me think there's something more sinister afoot. I understand the dice can go either way...and if your batters keep rolling a 4, 5 or 6 and your pitchers keep facing 1, 2 and 3's your team will not look as good as it can be.

Any dog can have his day and I'm proof...I've got a couple of titles under my belt. But, to hear someone speak so confidently about winning, makes me wonder if some of you have a "magic formula".... :?
caimrisek

Postby Muadib1950 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 am

[quote:6a33e73c0f="Petrosian"]Wonder if Jon will have better results than slime-master-batter himself with his team. Rumor has it these teams are guaranteed to choke when the money is on the line. Past history...[/quote:6a33e73c0f]

Hi Gents. A Progress Report on the "Mudabiberg Experiment":

Team is in fact doing very well ... to date ... so far so good. But it's only winning at a .691 clip ... and I did have to tinker a bit with the pitching ... one flaw was that the Starters could go down for MORE than 3 or 4 games ... so I signed a couple guys to cover that.

Look, I wanted to evaluate what appeared to be a REALLY great team from the inside out -- why and how it might be even better than my own best Dunn teams. And the only way ANY of us could replicate one of our own great teams ... or one of Weinberg's ... or Petro's ... or Nev's ... or Donnie F'ing Esq's ... or Springer's ... or Mort's ... or FB's ... or ... is if the OTHER 11 GMs "let you" through and with those other 11 Wish Lists that all get processed at the same time.

Hey, I never expected to get EVERY quality player on that Weinberg team ... let alone most of the backups too ... but I did. Senor Weinberg had dominated the entire Tourney with his overall points ... and his Tourney finals team was going along very successful against THE BEST OF THE BEST ... the other 11 Barnstormer Finalists ... during the 2011 Finals Regular Season.

As to this Weinberg & Petro feud, though ... I've noticed that they're both using team models that the other has used ... and I seem to recall them trashing one another for ... or am I losing track and just getting confused? Almost makes one wonder if they're just two Long Island neighbors staging a fake feud for the rest of us ...

But I digress ... ;o)

Professional businesses and athletic enterprises try to copy and replicate success -- whether their own, or someone else's. How many times have you heard sports reporters and NFL personnel concede or assert, for instance, that the NFL is a "copycat league"?

I was just hoping for a decent chunk of my Wish List ... as we all do ... and was stunned that I essentially "got it all."

So yes, it is appears to be a GREAT DESIGN for a Dunn team ... and if it nose-dives later in the regular season ... or the playoffs ... well so be it. If any of you want to follow along from time to time, we're in League 4 of Round 1.
[color=red:6a33e73c0f]
[b:6a33e73c0f]~~,__o
~_-\\ < ,
(*)/ (*) ----------------->
[/b:6a33e73c0f][/color:6a33e73c0f]
Jonny Yuma ... aka Mudabiberg
Muadib1950

Postby DonFESQ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Shh, stop talking about the secret formula.

Anyway, there's more than one way to win this thing obviously. It's always good to see what works for others because it helps you consider things you otherwise wouldn't. Craig Biggio for example would never have been on my radar on a Dunn team. Despite even seeing this, I'm still not so sure he's on my radar for a Dunn team.

In any event, its good to keep up with what the competition is doing. As the player pool gets bigger the temptation is to get complacent and figure you can throw something out there after waivers and you'll be ok at the lower caps. But you gotta keep on top of this stuff. I stopped doing that after solid runs in BS 2009 and 2010 and failed miserably in BS 2011.

All that said, its easy just to copy someone's team that has been successful. But you really need to be working through what makes it successful. What were you missing when you were building a team before.

And then even when you think you have it licked, there's the whole uncertainty, luck factor of it all. Sometimes when you should win, you lose and sometimes when you should lose you win.
DonFESQ

Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour