2011 Barnstormers Semi-Finals League #1

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Postby BDWard » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:02 pm

[quote:9d585f7ed5="Petrosian"]No, the laughing icon shows contempt only for you.[/quote:9d585f7ed5]

That sure sounds like revisionist history to me.

We all have the freedom to choose whether or not to participate in a league.

I apologize to those of you who remain in the league for any delay my withdrawal may cause.
BDWard

Postby MIKEGILBERT » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Sigh.
MIKEGILBERT

Postby rjohaire » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:04 pm

BD
Don't appoligize - just put your team back in and lets move forward
Compounding bad behavior, doesn't make anyone better.
We spent a lot of time on this and hate to see it go for naught.
Be the better man!!!!
rjohaire

Postby mighty moose » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:19 pm

No purpose is served by having me comment any further. I'll give the cooling off period for people to calm down, but the Friday league entering deadline will be met with muadib1950 taking whatever opening remains. And if others are needed to fill a second opening, the next in line behind Jon will be contacted as well.

Those of you who WANT your place in this league, continue to LOAD YOUR TEAM. I will get the divisions fixed by Bernie if they get out of whack due to the withdrawals.

You can play, you can leave - it's totally up to you.
mighty moose

Postby Muadib1950 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:25 pm

[quote:d4ff15c2d5="mighty moose"]No purpose is served by having me comment any further. I'll give the cooling off period for people to calm down, but the Friday league entering deadline will be met with muadib1950 taking whatever opening remains. And if others are needed to fill a second opening, the next in line behind Jon will be contacted as well.[/quote:d4ff15c2d5]

Works for me too ... standing by until Friday evening unless instructed or informed otherwise. Hope you re-enter your team, BD.

Jon
Last edited by Muadib1950 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muadib1950

No cooling off period needed - I'm not coming back

Postby BDWard » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Rick: Thanks for the cooling off period, but it is pointless to make everyone else wait until Friday. I have a lot of pride and don't need people to ask me to come back just to feel good about myself.

When I said I was out I meant it. The decision to walk away was not made lightly.

Being good at online Strato does not make one a good person and re-entering the league will prove nothing except that I can't stick to my guns. To make everyone wait until Friday would be toying with everyone else just for kicks, the very conduct that was a factor in my withdrawal in the first place.

Besides, there's no room in this league for people who break the rules by pulling out a team, even if only momentarily for a minor draft card tweak during a long delay in teams being entered and this makes twice I've pulled out my team. :wink:

I'm out for good.

Muadib1950 is worthy of a spot, as he was denied the semis on a "heartbreaker" tiebreaker. As you said in an earlier post, "let's get moving now".

Good luck to everyone.
BDWard

Postby pacoboy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:19 pm

WTF? I take a few days off the chat room for Christmas to come back to this?

We spend all this time to play the tourney, then LIVE DRAFT thru a painfully slow process, the rest of the "roster filling" is garbage backups

....keeping in mind you can dump your whole team and STILL re-draft a winner.

I finished the rest of my team in like 3 min once I saw the draft was over.

Thus, load the %$@# league already.

Come on man!

You all are delaying my path to the trophy ceremony.
pacoboy

Postby pacoboy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:25 pm

BDWard, Petro - love to see you both play. ...but first and foremost I'd just like to play.

10 other guys are waiting and that's no fair to us.

If I had a problem with anyone in the league - which I don't - I'd like nothing more than to knock them out of the tourney.

...there was a guy like that years back (PBTR if anyone remembers). Couldn't stand that guy. ...but I NEVER missed an opportunity to play him.

Results varied but the leagues were fun to say the least.

Now, donate those credits. I have some *** kicking to do.
pacoboy

Postby rjohaire » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:59 am

dinsdale is in the central, but I guess we can get that fixed.
Waiting on someone to fill the west.

Just as an aside, I won't be around Friday or Saturday, so I guess I should pull my team and we all could all wait until next week.
Sound right Petro?
rjohaire

Postby mighty moose » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:06 am

I'm done playing with the kiddies on the playground. muadib1950 has been instructed to enter the league with BDWards team. I will get Bernie to adjust teams back to the proper divisions before first pitch.

Just like I gave Petro minutes instead of hours to jump back in, BDWard has the same shot, to play his entitlement.
mighty moose

PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour