Postby rjohaire » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:47 pm

West

macnole - IN
Rube1
rjoh - IN
dinsdale
rjohaire

Postby macnole » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:49 pm

and im so excited I put arky vaughn on my draft card. awesome!

West

[b:bedcb64e6e]macnole - IN [/b:bedcb64e6e]
Rube1
[b:bedcb64e6e]rjoh - IN [/b:bedcb64e6e]
dinsdale
macnole

The Dye is Dunn Cast I see ...

Postby Muadib1950 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:58 pm

[quote:1af70b4328="Petrosian"]Okay Boog. I put a team in.

Just for the record I had posted yesterday afternoon on this thread that I was putting my team in last night. I was going to do so until Mr. Johnson went into his typical heavy handed threat mode and twice tried to hijack a thread I had created on the main boards and then:

[quote:1af70b4328] It easy for me to get the next in line for the semi's to play your exact team. Tick-tock.[/quote:1af70b4328]

I don't respond well to threats.

And I find it incredibly presumptuous that he claims I never had any intention of entering a team.

Oh, and my laughing face post was directed at BD Ward. He holds up the live draft round after round. Then he refuses to draft so we can get the league in last Friday when I wanted to. Then he illegally takes his team out of this league. And finally, he feels a need to stir the pot on this thread with last night's post about my other Strat activity last night.
I was holding off on entering the team because I wanted to put together the optimal draft card, and I tend to be a bit obsessive with them normally, especially so since this is an elimination event.

And last of all, I resigned the board before I was kicked off. No point in being on the board anyway, Johnson sets the agenda and essentially makes all the decisions himself.[/quote:1af70b4328]

Well I be DUNN!! Hey ... I am also a bit obsessive, Petro ... I even manually created a searchable PICKS AT A GLANCE sheet by Roster position ... since I could [b:1af70b4328]NOT [/b:1af70b4328]access you all's Dope Draft ... to make sure I didn't grab anyone else's protected players ... and I just finished coming to the League to ... ahem ... ENTER it ... so you beat my team entry by 10 minutes ... plus I didn't see the recent Posts over the last hour plus ... I am glad you reconsidered and entered a team ... but you are lucky I am such a turtle ... on the bright side as well ... the League is spared my "Petroleum Jellie Bellies" in favor of good "Moose Hunting" ... is Matt Damon managing?

I will perhaps PM you what I was going to add to your Deluxe Mix of 15 ... it'd be interesting to see if indeed, "All great minds run in the same gutter." For now, though, of course ... mums da woid.

I really hope you and Moose will eventually apologize to one another or patch things up and stuff ... after a little time passes ... and cooler heads prevail. BTW ... I had also flagged some comm traffic above reminding him that perhaps you were really interested in playing this Round ... before preparing my Roster.

Good luck everyone!!!

~~,__o
~_-\\ < ,
(*)/ (*) ----------------->

Jon
Muadib1950

Postby The Last Druid » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Jon, If you want in, just say the word. I'll take out the team I entered.
The Last Druid

Postby gkhd11a » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Petrosian please respect for your fellow competitors. No one wants to take your spot away, but there should not be a requirement for everyone to beg to keep you in the tournament. I had thought perhaps Weinberg had made you a slightly sympathetic competitor but you sure take the sym out of this sim.
gkhd11a

Postby Muadib1950 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:41 pm

[quote:11cf048ab8="Petrosian"]Jon, If you want in, just say the word. I'll take out the team I entered.[/quote:11cf048ab8]

Absolutely not! Leave your team in and go for it -- everyone else will I am sure. You earned the spot. And I sure did not mind others encouraging you to take your spot while I was assembling a team. I am glad you changed your mind, friend.

Always remember: The written word here and elsewhere on the web lacks tonality of voice and inflection and gesture.

~~,__o
~_-\\ < ,

Jon
Muadib1950

Postby mighty moose » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Petrosian,

Would it absolutely kill you to provide a status update instead of just posting a smilie and then running off for another two hours ?

You bring everything on yourself with your disrespect for your fellow competitors. And I wasn't "hijacking" your thread. I was attempting to remind you, in a place where I felt you were more likely to see the reminder and act upon it, that you did have another team to load.

Notice that I did say "please enter your team " and that the smilie had a playful wink ? When you ask nicely and then someone either gets ignored or gets brushed off, this is not the type of person I feel that I should continue to coddle.

A couple of players in your league e-mailed me and asked my how much longer I was going to allow you to skate by and take advantage of the league. Although they may not be willing to say it in public, I'm not the only one who gets fed up with your antics.

Act with respect and get respect in return.
mighty moose

Postby Muadib1950 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:01 pm

[quote:7ba005792f="gkhd11a"]Petrosian please respect for your fellow competitors. No one wants to take your spot away, but there should not be a requirement for everyone to beg to keep you in the tournament. I had thought perhaps Weinberg had made you a slightly sympathetic competitor but you sure take the sym out of this sim.[/quote:7ba005792f]

C'mon Charlie ... after all, we've just settled this little dust-up. If I had had the tiff with Moose, or you had, I'm sure you'd agree that it'd have been nice to have a few in the League encouraging me/you to change our mind ...

Also, any baiting and taunting ... that goes for both Charlie and Bruce ... should be done in good fun. I know you both are capable of it ...

~~,__o
~_-\\ < ,

Right?

Jon
Muadib1950

I'm out - have fun

Postby BDWard » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:39 pm

[quote:6c314a0058="Petrosian"]I see you have been talking to your boyfriend Spicki17. It must be lonely for you not being in the same league for once. So easy to collaborate when you guys play in almost all the same leagues together. Be interesting to see if you two play from the same computer. Gotta wonder if you are even two different people. If you are different people, which one of you pitches and which one catches?[/quote:6c314a0058]

[quote:6c314a0058="mighty moose"]Petrosian,

You are holding up the West Division. I will have to insist that you put your team in within 24 hours of this posting. The main reason being is that you have created one league of your own, you are also in a league that I was in that drafted tonight, so clearly you have time on your hands for other leagues.

At this point, there is just no good reason for your continued delay in this league, which is obviously a lot more important than any other.

It easy for me to get the next in line for the semi's to play your exact team.

Tick-tock.....[/quote:6c314a0058]

[quote:6c314a0058="mighty moose"]

How many times do you think I should ask him, please enter your team - please enter your team now, PLEASE ENTER YOUR TEAM !!!

It should be clear that he was ALL OVER THE BOARDS last night, creating and directing his own league. I posted in his "theme league" thread TWICE asking for him to enter his team here.

He had no intentions of entering his team. This is exactly what he wanted.

I gave him a deadline - did he say "sorry and I will meet the deadline" - NO, he said "REPLACE ME"[/quote:6c314a0058]

Let me see if I understand this correctly:

Petrosian openly questions the integrity and sexuality of a league member over a spat with the league member's brother. No one comes to the league member's defense or chastises Petrosian for his baseless, inflammatory and insulting comments and they are shrugged off as guys just having fun.

After it is determined that there will be no Christmas waivers, Petrosian announces on Friday that he will be unavailable for any waiver draft on Monday or Tuesday due to an alleged lack of computer access on those days and states that he will enter his team on Sunday night.

Sunday night comes and goes with no team being entered by Petrosian.

On Monday, Petrosian posts that he "weaseled" out of having to visit his in-laws, claims that he will put his team in Monday night and resumes full Strato activities. Monday comes and goes and still no team from Petrosian. He does, however, have time to make numerous posts on the message board, create a new league and enter his team, and put a team in another league. What does he do about our league? He posts the laughing icon! :lol:

Early Tuesday morning, after running out of patience, mightymoose gives Petrosian an ultimatum to get in the league or be replaced.

Petrosian quits. Mightymoose quickly accepts his resignation and lines up another player, who agrees to fill in.

12 hours later, Petrosian enters the league and blames others for his delay.

Now I don't know about any of you, but my guess would be that Petrosian never had a trip planned that would deny him computer access but was throwing a hissy fit over the lack of a Christmas waiver draft. It turns out that he had computer access the whole time. Even if there was no computer access, ever hear of a library, where one can get computer access for free?

Yet there was never an explanation for the delay and never an apology.

But the laughing icon is the kicker. It shows a contemptible lack of respect for the tournament, the participants and our league members and says loud and clear "I am the mighty Petrosian, I'm bigger than the game, I'll do what I want and you must all live with the consequences."

Now I realize that it's fun to beat Petrosian, but why does anyone tolerate this boorish and inappropriate behavior to the point where people are begging him to come back into the league?

I don't get it and I hope I never do.

No one is bigger than the game. Petrosian's willful and mean spirited conduct has made a mockery of the tourney and all that is right and good about the game and I won't tolerate it and I refuse to shrug it off by saying, "come on, it's just a game."

I don't need the BS tournament to validate that I can play this game.

This game used to be fun. I don't need the drama.

I'm out. Give my team to muadib1950.

P.S.: No one complained when I refused to enter my team to avoid waivers on Christmas. It is unfathomable beyond belief that anyone of any faith or no faith would fail to respect Christmas observance. Even warring nations generally cease hostilities in observance of holy days. Also, it is yet another blatant lie that I held up the DD draft. 8 of my 15 player picks were proxies and not one of the rest exceeded the 3 hour time limit during normal draft hours. Finally, as noted above, if I stirred the pot, there was plenty to stir.
Last edited by BDWard on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BDWard

Postby The Last Druid » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:42 pm

No, the laughing icon shows contempt only for you.
The Last Druid

PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour