2011 Championship League

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Just can't stop running his mouth can he?

Postby The Last Druid » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Seems like the only talking this clown ever does is trash. Since he thinks he is so good, perhaps he would be willing to forego his first two picks, to sort of level the playing field for the rest of the pack he deigns to play against.

To further level the playing field I think I'll post a little analysis of his teams, let folks know how he puts together teams, his favorite players, strategies etc. He seems to like the attention. I'll be happy to indulge this need of his! To be continued on the main boards...

BTW, Slimeberg is not a customer of Joe the Jet. At least not under his current moniker.

Last year both Weinberg and gkhd11a made sure they were in the same division as me in the Championship round. Weinberg finished five games behind me, gkhd11a 10 back. Weinberg is actually quite predictable. Boring but predictable.
The Last Druid

Re: Just can't stop running his mouth can he?

Postby nels52 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:20 pm

[quote:609e1f7284="Petrosian"]Since he thinks he is so good, perhaps he would be willing to forego his first two picks, to sort of level the playing field for the rest of the pack he deigns to play against.

Weinberg is actually quite predictable. Boring but predictable.[/quote:609e1f7284]

Well said Petro, we all know what non* pitcher Weinberg is eying even though his unmatched strat genius leaves us with no chance...... :roll:

I vote $80mil and no DH

1 weinberg - Draft Position #1
2 gkhd11a - Draft Position #4
3 nels52 - Draft Position #2
4 springer0432
5 johnnyblazers
6 Lvcheesehead
7 jmoore1966
8 Jack377
9 drfreeze49
nels52

Postby mighty moose » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:31 pm

[b:1ac8680560]1 weinberg - Draft Position #1
2 gkhd11a - Draft Position #4 100 M DH
3 nels52 - Draft Position #2 80 M NO DH[/b:1ac8680560]
4 springer0432
5 johnnyblazers
6 Lvcheesehead
7 jmoore1966
8 Jack377
9 drfreeze49
mighty moose

Postby The Last Druid » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:03 am

Last two drafts with him I snagged Pedro. Lately he favors five man staffs. One 9+ Million * ace followed by 4 from Larsen, Klippstein, Hendrick, Hands and Donald.

He spends big bucks at SS and 2b. He loves the 10.33 A Rod and Honus. Likes Biggio and Morgan at 2B. Clemens is his favorite * stud. He's big on the cheap Narleski. For catcher he likes a platoon of at least three guys including Hassey, Wynegar and Gooch. Sometimes Tamargo as well. Loves Cuyler and Henderson in the corners. Absolute preference for Connor at 1B Likes the cheap Dimaggio in CF. Favorite scrub is Bobby Thompson. Likes Kenny Rogers and Frankhouse as well. Also Hrabosky.

He seems to prefer 100M to 80M. I've played in five recent leagues with him. He started most of the leagues himself. All 100M. Seems to like parks that favor righty hitters or else neutral.
The Last Druid

Postby macnole » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:07 am

:D
You see Weinberg/Cristano
Modesty breeds such competitive spirit
:lol:

Well, no doubt you have made it into a competition worthy of watching even if one is not directly involved.
Good luck to all
macnole

Postby springer0432 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:18 am

[b:138e7dd36c]1 weinberg - Draft Position #1
3 nels52 - Draft Position #2 80 M NO DH
4 springer0432 - Draft Position #12 100 DH[/b:138e7dd36c]
5 johnnyblazers
6 Lvcheesehead
7 jmoore1966
8 Jack377
9 drfreeze49
Last edited by springer0432 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
springer0432

Postby cristano1 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:24 pm

time to address the critics....

the last 2 champions leagues were bullsh1t... why? because we played all the tour events under atg 5, for example, then played the finals under a new set, atg 6 for example. since it takes me 2-3 months to run all my programs, it is impossible for me to update in the time given... this is the first year, where (fingers crossed), we will keep using atg 6.

also, petro, my preferred staff is 1 big and 4 smalls for tour events. in the finals, it will be 2 bigs and 3 smalls. clemens is my favorite big, but, i always draft him post waivers. there are 10 other guys id slide in there in place of him... as for smalls, i try to do a klipper who is a 6L, a larsen who is 5L, then a couple 2R and 5R and a few E.... ive got a list of 20 or so that are all equal to the ones you listed, so, no big deal.

this year there are only 3 game changers: 1) a bonds team; 2) a pedro team; 3) a cobb wagner team. let me discuss all 3 in some depth. a cobb wagner team is my first choice. it is the superior atg6 team. however, no matter what position i put myself in the draft, i will never get those 2 boys my first two picks. and there is NO substitute for cobb and NONE for honus. this are completely elite boys ONLY IF they can bat 3,4 on the same team. if we go 80M, then pedro is my first pick overall. if we go 100M, then its bonds. that is the best thing about the two salary caps. there is only one answer to each. in 80M pedro is disgustingly dominant, but bonds sucks. in 100M, pedro is nice, but far less dominant, whereas bonds is riddick. also, yes, i love spending a lot on 2b... my list is usually morgan biggio and collins tier 1, lajoie gehringer tier 2. there are so many great 2b its a joke. another big game changer is irod. the -5 kills any stealing team because of the threshold for stealing, irod hits it perfectly where a -4 sometimes doesnt. i wont draft irod 1st, and i wont see him with the 24th pick, so he is off my radar.

as far as jake the jet, who is that? i do all of my analysis myself.

as for gkhd11a, i wont say anything negative about him, because i respect him for finishing 2nd. also he has a lot of distance between his season and #9. and i can appreciate that 3.2 wins between us makes us both pretty elite. i respect anyone who can put up a year like he did without copying my teams and without using my analysis. and he put up a really nice year. make sure to thank jake the jet for that.

as for this thread, why is petro even posting in it? shouldnt a prereq be that one has to make the finals before offering his 2 cents? all petro had to do is copy my teams, and he would be sitting in the top 9 as well. he always joined the late league in all events, so he was in the perfect position to copy my team for each event. it is the main reason i changed my name from cristano1 to weinberg. back with 2007 and 2008, where players are really scare, and the mispricing was wayyyy worst than it currently is, copying teams was a dagger. so i had to change my name to protect my intellectual capital. now, with atg 6, its irrelevant. there are so many good players what i frequently do is draft an entire team post waivers. im still playing 580 ball doing that. anyway, id love to debate more with petro, but im going to wait for him to become [b:18ad2ecd28]relevant [/b:18ad2ecd28]first. but if petro makes the finals, then i am open to discussing things with him. he just has to earn it first. as of now, petro is like the penngrey of a few years ago. penngray used to be great many years back, but then people like me came along, and he became a mediocre GM. he still talked like he was elite, but it was clear his talents had eroded. petro= penngray. i respect petro as a great GM. just not anymore.
cristano1

Postby nels52 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Seriously, thanks for your pointers Weinberg, it's really great to get a glimpse of this game through the eyes of such a visinoary.

Wowwwwwww seriously Weinberg? Save your tips for the newbies who need it. I'm pretty sure we all have a decent amount of skill and are fortunate (lucky) to be in the finals even though you scored an average of "insert meaningless/biased statistic here" :cry:

Oh and I wouldn't be dissing Petrosian.......

Thanks Moose for all the hard work you do!
nels52

Postby The Last Druid » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Another characteristic post by the Legend in His Own Mind. Too bad you've never actually won anything of note in ATG. :lol: So, now the reason you crapped out in the last two championships is because they inappropriately added new cards and your programs couldn't adapt in time. :lol: :roll: Sounds like a built in excuse for your next failure in the championship. In case you haven't noticed they keep adding cards every month.

Relevance would appear to be in the eye of the beholder. Your primitive ego and lack of ATG teams suggest that you yourself are irrelevant. Or -- at best -- a tourist.

Your hackneyed assertions regarding Bonds, Martinez and the Cobb + Wagner putative cap-linked dominance are beyond ludicrous. Bonds' teams win at .514 in 80 and .512 at 100. So much for your assertion that he sucks at 80M and is dominant at 100. Martinez is a monster at both caps. As far as the Cobb-Wagner tandem: show me data.

Your latest delusional rant appears to have been written by a grandiose paranoid.

It is, however, hilarious. :lol:
The Last Druid

Postby JohnnyBlazers » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:01 pm

1 weinberg - Draft Position #1
3 nels52 - Draft Position #2 80 M NO DH
4 springer0432 - Draft Position #12 100 DH
5 johnnyblazers - Draft Position #3 80 No DH
6 Lvcheesehead
7 jmoore1966
8 Jack377
9 drfreeze49