4 springer0432 - Draft Position #12 100M DH
5 johnnyblazers - Draft Position #3 80M NO DH[/b:487de0a952]
6 Lvcheesehead
7 jmoore1966
8 Jack377
9 drfreeze49
cristano1

Postby mighty moose » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 pm

There is still one playoff which could affect this top 9. Lvcheesehead is still playing in his WS. Although he is down at the moment 3-1 in his WS match versus marsta58, if he mounts a comeback to win he will gain 10 more points. This will vault him into 4th place ahead of springer0432 and johnnyblazers. At that time, he will be given an opportunity to choose one of their draft position picks if he wants it.

Sorry that I wasn't aware of this before I started this thread and started polling for draft position choices. He needs to win all of his next three games to achieve this. :oops:
mighty moose

The Finals Gotta love it eh?

Postby gkhd11a » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm

[quote:b3739eebd1="Petrosian"]Seems like the only talking this clown ever does is trash. Since he thinks he is so good, perhaps he would be willing to forego his first two picks, to sort of level the playing field for the rest of the pack he deigns to play against.

To further level the playing field I think I'll post a little analysis of his teams, let folks know how he puts together teams, his favorite players, strategies etc. He seems to like the attention. I'll be happy to indulge this need of his! To be continued on the main boards...

BTW, Slimeberg is not a customer of Joe the Jet. At least not under his current moniker.

Last year both Weinberg and gkhd11a made sure they were in the same division as me in the Championship round. Weinberg finished five games behind me, gkhd11a 10 back. Weinberg is actually quite predictable. Boring but predictable.[/quote:b3739eebd1]

Heck yea I went in the same division as you, I was trying to avoid Don FESQ. :wink: Hey I didn't finish 10 back I finished 8 back and over .500! No rounding allowed. And I was 12-12 against you, though I had losing records to the rest of the division. And Weinberg did make the playoffs as I went 4-6 in the last ten while he went 8-2 to grab the wild card. I think I was 10 in front of Weinberg at one point but he came roaring back. And Dr Freeze (sweeping me in those last 10 didn't helpme at all) , actually also had a nice team, so the three losers of last years East division all made it back to this years finals, maybe you'll make it too Petro! (jmoore 1966 is another repeater this year!)

Just to be clear, I do all of my own analysis and hand key every card I use into an excel worksheet. I do not use Joe the Jet. It is through this manual process that I can become much more familiar with each card. I do not pay for any services but I actually am glad those services exist and wish more would frequent them, It doubles as providing players with the ability to see how to construct teams and hopefully leads to more players sticking with stratomatic. However, it is only through looking at players differently than others that can a real advantage can be gained (although I realize this may be a fantasy on my part it is fantasy baseball after all) .

I do look at Diamond Dope to see the win percentage of certain players/parks when I am torn between players. However my main driver in most leagues is to identify the person most likely to win the division and try an compose a team to take advantage of the opposition. While many might set a goal of runs or run differential I look to win most of the games against my perceived biggest rival. In these finals that is a dangerous strategy with so many strong players and has led to some miserable failures on my part in finals of various leagues.

The actual biggest impact on my teams this year is Goreds and some of the impressive teams he has had in a 12 season league we are in together providing me ideas for a Barnstormers League Park team that eventually won a championship. Over the years he has had some very solid lineup construction ideas, that unlike other ideas hold up well when partially incorporated into an overall team design. That I was just able to win the division in iteration 6 of that league was a lot of fun (of course I did have Cobb and Wagner!) especially considering he had the first pick. For whatever reason if I use a basic Petrosian idea that player will totally suck when constructed by me, (see Ray Sadeki on any of my teams as an example)

I thank Goreds for the assistance he has provided unknowingly to me to enable me to qualify for the finals this year! The finals should be fun, it is truly amazing to see that Don FESQ is not in the competition for the final spots. That to me is the biggest upset of the barnstormers in 2011.

I would like to see Petrosian win one of the leagues and join our division, maybe Dr Freeze will again select the East as well and then we'd be able to give it another go! At this point the person happiest with that would be Petro I think!
gkhd11a

Postby The Last Druid » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Well you finished second each of the last two years. So you had 2nd pick but took 4th. It just seemed logical that you wanted to be in my division especially since I finished first in the standings, and you do seem to go out of your way to be in my division when you can. Just like I do with Weinberg. Don [b:5fc4e9efb5]did[/b:5fc4e9efb5] win it all but not with the best team. His pythagorean was only 84 wins vs. my 93, and I did win the season's series 7-5 against him. But I figured he deserved it since he dominated the previous year but came up empty.

Don is a Joe the Jet customer, in fact I'm pretty sure it was in ATG IV that he started using the service. He was an okay manager before that, nothing special. And then out of nowhere he became dominant. Basically the same results as PBTR but much more impressive given his volume of teams. Plus Bickel used to pay Joe to rate every league separately. Just a paint by numbers guy whereas Don is more creative. Don did invent the no-reliever strategy that worked brilliantly in ATG V. I use Jet because I don't want to take the time to rate all the cards although that does lead to superficial knowledge of the cards which can be a problem at times.

I do want to get to the finals but only to shut Slimberg up and make sure he comes away with what he always does -- nothing.
The Last Druid

Postby gkhd11a » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Actually yes I did want to be in your division, just tweaking you and it seemed to work.! :lol: Hope you make it again!
gkhd11a

Postby mighty moose » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:16 am

Of course it had to happen. LVCheesehead came back from down 3-1 to win his WS in Event #6. This vaults him from 6th place overall to 4th place. He will be given his choice of draft positions, and can of course pick springer0432 or johnnyblazers pick that I allowed to pick erroneously.

Then springer and j.b. will be allowed to repick in order.

Sorry for my jumping the gun on this, I really thought that all bases were covered (all position solidified).

1 weinberg - Draft Position #1 100 M / NO DH
2 gkhd11a - Draft Position #4 100 M / DH
3 nels52 - Draft Position #2 80 M / NO DH
[b:42a9cdf273]4 Lvcheesehead - [/b:42a9cdf273]
5 springer0432 - Draft Position XX - 100 M / DH
6 johnnyblazers - Draft Position XX - 80 M / NO DH
7 jmoore1966
8 Jack377
9 drfreeze49
mighty moose

Postby Bitters » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:36 am

Sorry for screwing everything up Rick I know you were rooting against me but you have to admit it was a nice comeback :D .

4 Lvcheesehead - Draft Position #3 100 M / NO DH
5 springer0432 - Draft Position XX - 100 M / DH
6 johnnyblazers - Draft Position XX - 80 M / NO DH
7 jmoore1966
8 Jack377
9 drfreeze49
Bitters

Postby mighty moose » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:45 am

[b:dddab0dfca]I would NEVER root against you Scot[/b:dddab0dfca]. I was rooting that my stupid mistake would not come back to haunt me.

I also place a little bit of my anguish on MrBBW, who I asked to give me a list of the top 45. We both overlooked your possibilities (certainly not your odds) :shock:
mighty moose

Postby mighty moose » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:52 am

I am going to assume here that springer0432 wants his same draft position.

However, due to these changes, I will let johnnyblazers post his decision since it has changed and his pick will affect his division mates.

4 Lvcheesehead - Draft Position #3 100 M / NO DH
5 springer0432 - Draft Position #12 - 100 M / DH
6 johnnyblazers - Draft Position ? - 80 M / NO DH
7 jmoore1966
8 Jack377
9 drfreeze49
mighty moose

Postby Bitters » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Was just giving you some **** all in fun of course. You both do an [b:a68f662d4d]AWESOME [/b:a68f662d4d]job running this thing.
Bitters

PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour