Gearing up for the Semi-Finals

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Postby mighty moose » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:21 am

If the cards are available on DD, you can use them. We have always embraced and integrated new ATG changes into the tournament. If they are NOT on DD, you can still pickup the players during post waivers.
mighty moose

Postby The Last Druid » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:32 pm

That's fine if DD is updated in a timely manner. Which lately it hasn't been. That's a really shoddy way of conducting an event with this much at stake. Better to just autodraft or put in manual overrides on dope.
The Last Druid

Postby mighty moose » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 pm

We allow the freedom to completely revamp your team in waivers anyway on a live draft event. With such a large player pool as ATG6, 20 new cards will have no effect. I'm not going to rule against the use of new players, as I have no inclination to police through 36 teams looking for illicit use of 20 or so new players, and do this continually throughout the event.

See what success you may have in prodding Adrian to add the players immediately. I know where that will go.
mighty moose

Postby The Last Druid » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Exactly.

It would be so much better to just use the TSN live draft. Be done in an hour or two and then we could ask Bernie to just void the three leagues. Then we just use the players drafted to do a 100M autodraft with each manager retaining the rights to those they drafted in the now officially voided draft. We would all have records of the draft emailed to us so there would be no disputes about who owns whom.
The Last Druid

Postby pacoboy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 pm

MM,

that's the ONE live draft feature I can't stand. There should be a rule that you must keep your 15 live drafted players until the season opens.

....or what's the point of live drafting.

Something to consider for the future - not now of course.
pacoboy

Postby mighty moose » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:09 pm

These are all topics that can be reviewed during the off (in-between) seasons. I keep hoping that TSN will get a salary cap feature built into their app. But yeah for now, too late in the game for such a drastic change.

I'm also apprehensive for a live draft that would require all 12 participants to be online at the same time.

Again, no changes this late in the game for Barnstormers 2011.

As far as the Championship Round, if we had a majority that wanted to use TSN's app, this would be strongly considered.
mighty moose

Postby mighty moose » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:18 pm

[quote:92e73c5306="Petrosian"]That's fine if DD is updated in a timely manner. Which lately it hasn't been. That's a really shoddy way of conducting an event with this much at stake. Better to just autodraft or put in manual overrides on dope.[/quote:92e73c5306]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adrian has e-mailed me that he will do his best to get the new cards added tonight.
mighty moose

Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour