Event #4 - Live Draft - League #6

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Postby estern » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Team is in.

Sorry for any delay I caused.
estern

Postby PillPop » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:31 pm

I've joined the Central, like I'm supposed to. Sorry for the confusion I caused earlier.
PillPop

Postby thetallguy747 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Dawn has cracked and the Central is now full.

Kevin A
thetallguy747

Postby mighty moose » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:36 pm

And in case there was any doubt.

[b:968de791d6]WEST

Maxie Minoso
glanny
alvarndc
Lindonman[/b:968de791d6]
mighty moose

I'm in

Postby Lindonman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:19 pm

I'm in
Lindonman

Postby mighty moose » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:36 am

I will POKE glanny again.
mighty moose

Postby alvarndc » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:23 pm

is there some memo I missed about us starting the league on a certain date??
alvarndc

Postby mighty moose » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:35 pm

When drafting started on Monday, it was my expectation that we could load by Friday - but reality is not always the same as expectations. So what IS CERTAIN is that we will start on the Monday following after the 12th team loads.

Do you have any suggestions for how this could have been handled differently to produce another outcome ? If you do, I'd be happy to hand this off to you for next year.
mighty moose

Postby alvarndc » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Mr. Moose - please don't be defensive. I in no way blamed you personally in any way shape or form.

My question is for the others in the league.

I am truly puzzled about the timing dynamics for the league. If everyone has agreed or it is presumed that we will be starting after the weekend, I'll just stop checking.

But it seems odd to me that we stopped abruptly Friday night, and then laoded all day Saturday and now have stopped abruptly again.

I di not even know who the 12th manager is, but he was drafting on Friday -- actually several rounds worth.

This is a huge undertaking and it clear you must do a great deal pf work. That's actually precisely why I put this comment on the league forum rather than as an individual email to you.
alvarndc

Postby mighty moose » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Out of 5 leagues that started drafting on Monday, only 1 achieved loading on time (by the Friday deadline). So what happened in your league is certainly the norm for this week. While that was certainly disappointing to me personally - I stopped reaching your frustration level YEARS AGO.

I think back to when I was hopping mad at someone who disappeared, only to find out that they lost a parent or a loved one suffered a serious car accident. So maybe nothing this dramatic happend in your league this time, but you must realize that the other 11 players in your league are not hitting F5 looking for a refresh of the forum or of "your teams" looking for some sort of movement.

If I see someone who should be loading their team or making their pick, if it's been a delay a little longer than normal, I drop them a quick e-mail.

In past years we have had people get so upset over my prodding them to do this or do that, that they will never play in this tournament again. So I have had to temper my angst over this and let the water roll off my back like a duck. I'm definately more tolerant now than I used to be.

In the grand scheme of things, what is another week delay in starting ?

Glanny is the holdout, and this is his FIRST live draft and first year in Barnstormers. He has been sent TWO e-mails now, both to his personal and work e-mails, and when he is able to see them, I'm sure he will respond.

All I have seen from you so far in this thread is complaining over those people who have not done what you felt they should be doing. Now I do have delete capabilities for your posts and I could have removed them as being unnecessary.

Sit back and let things happen in their own pace.
mighty moose

PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour