2010 Barnstormer Chronicles

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

2010 Barnstormer Chronicles

Postby Mr Baseball World » Mon May 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Hey there barnstormers fans!!!!!!

We’ve got both old and new going tonight in Barnstormers land. The 2009 Final League Playoffs begin tonight. Also the 2010 Barnstormers First Season opens tonight as well. Expect that the Barnstormer Chronicles will be a regular thing this year. Also, expect the suff to be a way better than this first quick installment.

Lets start with the old. First of all congratulations to all 12 participants in the 2009 Finals. They were: agabriel, Rob55, Weinberg, andycummings65, toyboys, Mr. Regulator, Petrosian, spicki17, DonFESQ, johnnyblazers, AZHawg and Bbrool. They made it through the qualifying gauntlet one way or another and all deserve to be recognized for their efforts!!!!!

The Final 4 for 2009 are……..drumroll please……..agabriel(83-79 East champ), toyboys(89-73 Central champ), johnnyblazers(88-74-West champ) and DonFESQ(88-74 wild card-from West division). Opening night has DonFESQ’s Arlington Apes visiting toyboys Kansas Zhu Zhu at 57 Griffith Stadium and agabriel’s Pine Tar Babies visiting johnnyblazer’s Criminal Minded team at 71 Yankee Stadium.

Follow the playoffs here:

[url]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/playoffs/scores.html?group_id=100244[/url]

Opening night pitching matchups are expected to be as follows:

Game 1: 1978 JR Richard(Apes) at 1888 John Clarkson(Zhu Zhu)
Game 2: 1980 Len Barker(Apes) at 1965 Bob Veale(Zhu Zhu)

Game 1: 1967 Dean Chance(Babies) at 1920 Stan Covelski(Minded)
Game 2: 1943 Johnny Vander Meer(Babies) at 1966 Chris Short(Minded)

On to the new: Tonight also begins the 2010 Barnstormers first season. It is the expectation that there will be an assortment of useless information provided about games, standings, managers and players as we go along. There may actually be something of interest to someone out there……well don’t bet the farm on it…….but maybe. Additionally, starting with this edition there will be an opportunity to make predictions about a variety of Barnstormer results etc. Whichever barnstormer participant accumulates the most correct guesses over the course of 2010 Barnstormers will win an extraordinarily useless prize package to be named later and all the glory that goes with being named [b:61ea447bfd]The Ultimate Prognosticator of Useless Stuff[/b:61ea447bfd]. First set of predictions are:

1. Which team will win the 2009 Barnstormers title?
2. How many games will be the longest winning streak to open the 2010 Barnstormers season?

My fearless predictions are johnnyblazers based on my most logical assessment that I like his team name best and 7 for the wins (it will definitely not be my team).

Send your predictions to Mr. Baseball World by pm, email (mrbaseballworld@gmail.com) or post them on the 2010 Barnstormer Chronicles thread. Deadline for tonights picks is Midnight Eastern. Be sure to check back for prediction standings, prediction details and news of that “fabulous” prize pack. Likewise check back for more info and updates on the Barnstormer activities!!!!!! Good luck all and remember that you can still enter Barnstormers 2010 until the second season starts.
Mr Baseball World

Edition #2

Postby Mr Baseball World » Tue May 18, 2010 1:45 am

[b:d10b8a3831]2009 Barnstormers Final League Semi-Finals[/b:d10b8a3831]

The opening night of the 2009 Championship League Semi-Finals saw the Arlington Apes(DonFESQ) win two on the road against the Kansas Zhu Zhu(toyboys). The opener saw JR Richard pitch 8 strong innings striking out 10, while allowing only 2 hits in a 2-1 victory. In Game 2, a six run seventh inning was the difference for the visitors, culminating with a Grand slam Home Run by Steve Garvey.

In the other series, Criminal Minded(johnnyblazers) won the opener at home on a walkoff 2 run Home Run by Mickey Mantle. Goose Goslin had tied the game at 2 with a run scoring base hit immediately prior to Mantles big swat. Both came off losing pitcher Don McMahon. In Game 2 the visiting Pine Tar Babies(agabriel) evened the series by a score of 6-3. The Babies had 14 hits with George Brett being the star going 3 for 5 with two Home Runs.

Tuesday nights matchups are as follows:

Game 3 - Tue, 05/18
Zhu Zhu at Harder, Mel (R)
Apes Andujar, Joaquin (R)
at Shibe Park (AL) '41

Game 4 - Tue, 05/18
Zhu Zhu at Caldwell, Ray (R)
Apes Ruthven, Dick (R)
at Shibe Park (AL) '41

Game 3 - Tue, 05/18
Minded at Wood, Joe (R)
Babies Ferriss, Dave Boo (R)
at Polo Grounds '57

Game 4 - Tue, 05/18
Minded at Osteen, Claude (L)
Babies Wickersham, Dave (R)
at Polo Grounds '57

[b:d10b8a3831]2010 Barnstormers Opening Night[/b:d10b8a3831]

Opening night saw the following managers sweep their opening series: alphonso1, unclerowser, Simon31, getowtamypot, Petrosian, wrz25, AZHawg, jeliii and springer0432. Shoal Bay Beach Bums(alphonso1) gave up the fewest runs on opening night, allowing only 3 runs. Scripps Ranch Wild Hawgs(AZHawg) scored the most with 26 runs.

The chase to be [b:d10b8a3831]The Ultimate Prognosticator of Useless Stuff[/b:d10b8a3831] opened with a thud as noone made any predictions. This just means everyone is still tied for the lead. :lol: Being a bit thick in the head :oops: , I will plod along to tonights questions:

1. On night 2, will at least 2 of the 9 unbeatens stay unbeaten? Yes or no.
2. Name a player that will hit a Home Run on the second night.

I will predict a Home Run by Rocky Colavito. I predict that at least 2 of the 9 will sweep again, so going with the yes for those denser than me. I am making no promises as to how consistently the Chronicles will appear but will do my best and will try to have two questions in each edition. The winning prognosticator through the end of the 2010 Barnstormers Final League will get the prize pack which will include a free credit from the staff of the Chronicles(me). I'll decide later what other essentially valueless trinkets will be included in said prize pack.

So ends the second edition of the 2010 Chronicles. Good night and good luck.
Mr Baseball World

Postby rjohaire » Tue May 18, 2010 7:59 am

None of the 9 will sweep
In fact, 4 of them will be swept
rjohaire

Postby PotKettleBlack » Tue May 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Of the 9:
2 will sweep
3 will be swept
2 will go to 5-1
2 will go to 4-2

Unclear on the HR... in any of the BS2010 leagues, or in the BS2009 playoffs.
If we're going with the 2010, I'm for Kiner.
With 2009: Johnny Mize

----------
Update:
Of the two sweepers in League 5, 1 went to 5-1, one to 4-2.
Mize got a HR in game 4 of the 2009 LCS.
PotKettleBlack

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour