Barnstormers 2009, Rules Finalized

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Postby Mr Baseball World » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:21 pm

With three leagues, wouldn't it have to be the 6 finalists and 6 best records?
Mr Baseball World

Postby Palanion » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Oh... yeah... maybe that's where my math is wrong...
ugh... that's why I suck in Barnstormers...
Palanion

Postby mighty moose » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:56 am

What I think I am going to do, to satisfy the masses, is to have the top 6 players in points get an automatic BYE into the Finals (meaning they won't have to play in the SEMI's.)

And then the NEXT 36 players get to compete in the SEMI-FINALS league. From here, the 6 teams that get to the World Series in their prospective Semi-Final league, will advance to the Championship Round.

The 6 with the BYE will get draft order selections, starting from top to bottom, the next 3 will be the 3 semi-final world series winners, (tie breakers to be determined) and then the last three championship round world series losers will round out the Championship League and get the 10-12 draft placement choices. (Like we did this year) For example, you were #1 overall after 6 events, you get to CHOOSE what your live draft starting position is. #1 pick is not always preferred.

[b:55666e5a3c]Does this sound more appealing to everyone ?[/b:55666e5a3c]

Bernie has setup the main Barnstormers 2009 Event Page, which I will need to heavily edit with the new rules, and then a signup sheet will be passed around, releasing the new rules and linking the BS Main 2009 Page. I expect to have this out this weekend or early next week.
Last edited by mighty moose on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mighty moose

Postby mighty moose » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:03 am

Can someone post a link to the Championship League - and Mr. BBW, think you could report on it. My man on the scene so to speak ?
mighty moose

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:46 am

I will moose when I get a link.
Mr Baseball World

Postby mighty moose » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:21 am

Rules are finalized, Top 6 will get BYE to the finals. Next 36 will take part in the Semi-Finals and each World Series participant will advance to the Finals. World Series winners will have #7-#8-#9 draft position choices, and Loser will have #10-#11-#12 draft choices. Top 6 getting the bye will of course have their pick of draft positions for the Championship round, based on their final placement (as it was done this year)

Thanks

Moose, Barnstormers 2009 Commissioner
mighty moose

Postby pacoboy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:21 am

Moose, this "7th Round" or "Semi-Final Round" here.......I will assume that all teams MUST use wichever stadium grouping they have left.

(7 Groupings, 6 regular season rounds)

.........seems important to know should someone get locked in before round 6 to save a favored stadium for this Semi-Final round if they feel so inclined.

Thanks

AP
pacoboy

Postby mighty moose » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:13 am

Yes, that would be a correct assumption.

I will keep track of stadiums used and provide a link to a web page for easy reference to it, but that's a good point.

Also, if you make it to the Championship Round, you are back to using any stadium, but then it has to be live drafted.
mighty moose

Live Draft orientations please!

Postby Muadib1950 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:24 am

Since Sir Moose and the Board have designated the new LIVE DRAFT process for several Barnstormer Rounds, could Bernie and/or Sir Moose please post an orientation (or links to it) on the ATG Live Draft process ... e.g., how do you load a team ... or do you just select a League then wait for the start time ... how many minutes per Round ... how is the Drafting Order determined ... are there preferred Browsers ... are there Browsers to avoid using ... any special apps. to install or add on to a Browser ...

I have used the SOMDraft.com site, and gone truly live on the Individual League Chat (ILC) Board ... but have not used this new ATG facility ...

Keep up the good work, guys and gals!

Jon
Muadib1950

Postby The Timelords » Fri May 01, 2009 11:05 am

I agree.... or at least point us in the right direction... I am used to Major Deegan's site, so I really dont know what kind of learning curve is involved in the new one. Thanks for everything Moose!
The Timelords

PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour