An idea for the future of ATG

An idea for the future of ATG

Postby Roosky » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:20 am

Just throwing this out as a thought but what if SOM did a full season from each decade and put them all together to make up ATG. Then every few months they could change the seasons. Then you get to use a variety of different seasons for great players and it keeps things interesting with the change. It would be a lot of work to do but I think it would be cool. The NeL players could just always be included with it. Thoughts?
Roosky

????

Postby katzenjammer » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:38 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean - could you explain that a little more?
katzenjammer

Postby Roosky » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:44 am

One version could be made up up all teams from the 1905, 1914, 1928, 1936, 1942, 1955, 1962, 1973, 1988, 1993, and 2007. One complete season from each decade rather than the individual compilation of players we have now. You would still have all most all hall of famers included within these seasons and it would give you a good range of great and average players. And if the seasons where changed every 3-6 months it would provide great variety and newness to the game.
Roosky

Postby katzenjammer » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

And so, those teams alone are whom who you would make your selection from for your team, right? The existing population of ATG players would not be available then, correct? Or would you select an entire team from one of those years - that would be different, wouldn't it?

I guess since SOM has all the stats for these teams on their existing CD-ROM computer game, it wouldn't take too much to transfer that to the on-line game, but just assuming that.

That's a good idea - especially from my standpoint and of all my fellow less-experienced managers. We'd be more on a level playing field with the more experienced managers who know the existing ATG players and player cards by heart!

And the more I think about it - I like the idea you could have leagues consisiting of entire teams from different decades - probably have to do it by the randomizer/draft procedure - but that would certainly be a different spin on the game.
katzenjammer

Postby Roosky » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:25 pm

You are on to it now! The current ATG players would be no more, other than the NeL players.
Roosky

Postby mighty moose » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 pm

If we dont start playing some games real soon, I already know what the future of ATG will be. :(
mighty moose

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats