Bomber park closer advice

Bomber park closer advice

Postby PillPop » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:08 am

I'm playing $80m/no DH, my team is in Coors. Division has Comiskey 55 (RH single), Hilltop, Municipal 57 (RH HR). I have Wilcy Moore to set-up and currently have the 81 Fingers at closer. Can I do better?

Munger-Lowdermilk-Townsend-Spear-James is my low-budget and quick-hook pitching rotation.

Maybe this link works? http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/390547

Thanks.
PillPop

Postby WeatherNut » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Your link worked fine.

FWIW, I play in Fulton County just about all the time. Coors is the same thing.

See if Miljus is available instead of Fingers. If not Miljus, the 4.57 mil Mike Marshall works, too. Miljus can BOTH close and set up. No need for BOTH Fingers and Moore. You will need a decent backup closer/setup guy in the 2-2.5 mil range. The bottom end of your bullpen looks okay, though I would up Wyse to McBean 1.34.

Your offense looks pretty good. One thing I would consider, depending on the makeup of the other teams, is to upgrade your catching with a better arm. I have recently been using the 3.48 mil Del Crandall with great success. He shuts off the running game. He'll hit a few homers in Coors, too. Plus, he is only a 1 injury rating (injured half as often as most other catchers, though he is still vulnerable to the 15-gamer).

If you can get Miljus/Marshall, downgrade Moore, you should be able to upgrade to Crandall.

WN
WeatherNut

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats