WOW :(

WOW :(

Postby nevdully's » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:09 pm

This site is not user friendly at all.

Trades, and the entire process from how we have to go into the standings page, to how we can't tell what was opened. I think once a trade is declined you can no longer see the players offered....Just bad.

No notification for league mail :(

Search is MUCH less user friendly...I can't even bother to write all the extra steps needed to search...and when time is important it is worse.

Lineups much harder to set because we lost our bench on the right hand side.

Other extra steps that take almost as long to explain here as execute so I won't bother....

It "might" end up better than ever, (because there are some new stat additions) but even excusing the big transition troubles [b:d29b931fca]the new game functionality is awful, just awful. What was Bernie thinking :(
[/b:d29b931fca]
nevdully's

Postby DonFESQ » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh I'm sure the same thing they were thinking when they decided to spring the new site on us with no testing whatsoever to you know make sure basic things worked.
DonFESQ

Postby TRW » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 pm

To me the site just isn't ready. They should have waited before switching the site over. JMO, but what should have happened once it had basic functionality is they should have gotten a handful of regular customers to play in test leagues. Then they would have gotten feedback as to which features should have been added before opening the game up to the general customer base.

Now in addition to eventually adding all the features requested for the last few years on the old site, they have to add back all the features lost in the transition.

I don't want to take away from Bernie's efforts though. I'm sure it wasn't easy doing all this from scratch. The site build is probably about where it should be considering the "timeline".

However, I just think most of us would have rather waited a few additional months and be totally impressed than have this game switched over to the new site prematurely and be utterly disappointed.
TRW

Postby The Rivs » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:22 pm

it has officially become painful to watch each and every day. So sad. It's one thing to be an addict, it's another to be treated like one. :wink:
The Rivs

Postby voovits » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:16 pm

He never actually said so, but Bernie has hinted to the fact that we moved when we did because TSN is basically kicking us out.

We all would have preferred to wait longer and have it done right, but Bernie was under pressure to get the move done as soon as possible.
voovits

Postby Maxie Minoso » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:22 pm

[quote:93878dd8eb]because TSN is basically kicking us out. [/quote:93878dd8eb]
Bingo!

Maxie
Maxie Minoso

Postby nevdully's » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 pm

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Last edited by nevdully's on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nevdully's

Postby Salty » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:25 pm

[quote:98b52269ae="Maxie Minoso"][quote:98b52269ae]because TSN is basically kicking us out. [/quote:98b52269ae]
Bingo!

Maxie[/quote:98b52269ae]

Im all for speculation- I do it myself...
but what evidence are we following for this? :?: :shock:

If SOM is not as myopic as many have suggested- and Im not gonna say otherwise- then it makes a hell of a lot more sense to run your own product- since SOM is actually the one that benefits most from its success-and TSN gets nothing peripheral out of it rather than pump up their own brand of fantasy ball- so makes a hell of a lot less sense for them to invest in the longterm health of the game.
Last edited by Salty on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salty

Postby Hack Wilson » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:56 pm

We'll see how it works out once the games run, but -- I'm disappointed in the interface, design (aesthetics do matter), user-friendly aspects, and the search functions as described above.
Hack Wilson

Bernie Says---- From October 26th

Postby nevdully's » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 pm

So I'm rebuilding the site... 26 Oct 2011 12:10

I've been sitting on this announcement for a few months now, but I'm finally able to share it with you.

In a nutshell, I'm rebuilding the Strat-O-Matic Online site from scratch, and in the process, making it better, and opening up the possibilities for it to get a LOT better. We're making a deep investment in the future of this game, and giving it a much greater chance to get to the next level.

Well if a few months means 3 or 4 months, this rebuild is almost a year in the making....If TSN "kicked Bernie out" they sure gave him plenty of time to find a soft landing.
nevdully's

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats